Forum home Talkback

Gardening clobber...

TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

Anyone just can't bring themselves to chuck away an old favourite item of clothing that you garden in?

Had these jeans for years.  Just finished patching them up for the fourth time! 

Love em!

• I seem to do far too much gardening in jeans that have given way at the gusset.

Make of that what you will...

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

Very 'flash' Steve!

• GardenmaidenGardenmaiden Posts: 1,125

My dark blue fleece given to me by my mum. And my blue lace up ankle wellies. I had two pairs of jeans do that Steve, just couldn't wear them.

• GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,286

Fleecy cotton thing with hood, picked it up from Earnest Doe, good enough for farmers and lumber jacks, good enough for me. Keeps me toasty warm even on days like today. image

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 20,906

I still wear a nylon padded parka type jacket with a fur trimmed hood that I bought for my son for school when he was 14, he will be 47 in Feb. And when that jacket has been washed it looks like new. After David left school my mum had it for dog walking, then it was passed back to me about 20 years ago, its never not took pride of place on the coat hooks.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Tropical SamTropical Sam Posts: 1,488

I also have torn but perfectly fitting garden jeans. The holes can let in cold wind though! I also have a battered navy Barbour jacket and green wellies with wood stain on them. I must look like a badly dressed scarecrow to the neighbours image

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 20,906

Blairs, You need a pair of long johns/janes under the draughty jeans.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

Lyn I love the sound of your Parka.  A coat with memories must be very special.

Runny - we call that Pocket Bingo.  A fiver or more calls for an air punch!