Forum home The potting shed

New Year gardening resolutions

Mine is keep it simple. For the past two years I have over complicated the garden. This year is keep it simple.

• Mine is to try and stick to just a select choice of plants when it comes to bedding and hanging baskets, ideally with a colour theme that runs throughout the front and back, instead of going for anything and everything along with every colour and ending up with a mish mash lol 

• That's my problem tooimage

• GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,283

Mine is to get it 'finished' - it is never going to happen is it? image More annuals needed, it was all major projects and veg this year, need more colour and structure for next year.

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

..that when I want just 3 roses, I don't order 10...

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,511

Mine is to keep better records - I've got a gardening notebook, so why don't I write things down immediately rather than stick labels and seedpackets in a box on the bookcase to write down later .... it hardly ever happens image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

1. Label everything! You'd think with known memory issues I'd not say "oh I'll remember where I put..." but yet I still do it.

2. Finish the pond. It's stalled somewhat although we have the wood maturing away.

3. Plan what I want to grow and where they're going to go before I have pots bursting over (vegetable garden is still not finished)

4. Get the chicken coop built.

5. Not start so many projects before starting another!

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

To grow more carrots and new potatoes we've already eaten them all.  

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,122

Too soon Mark....too soon....imageimage

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,511

But isn't autumn the start of the gardening year? image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,122

No Dove...I'm knackered  image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....