Forum home The potting shed

Forum

• xx Posts: 100

Lizzy, you seem to know one of the posts I refer to. I wasn't here 2yrs ago and I dare say many others were not also. So the 'freely given' advice does come with derisive remarks and makes a mockery of those that have just posted how benign and helpful the posts are.

Salino, no one is singled out in my comments about being in a clique. Your comments are pointless and do not contribute to a solution but merely try to charge a conflict...that is more like a clique.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,883

I believe in never going to bed on an argument. So I'll bid you all a good night. Sleep well all.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

I'm sure that does happen now and again Digger. It would be a funny old world if it didn't. This forum is made up of a great many people, including you and me. As in the real world, people are polite or rude, friendly or antisocial, know-all or modest and any other contrast you can come up with. We can't all be lumped together as 'The forum'. 

Goodnightimage

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,267

I think there is only one person here trying to charge a conflict Digger 

There was once a guy on here that worked in a old peoples home and needed help. Some people tried to help with excellent suggestions and advice. Not one of the 'regular' ' prominent posters' contributed. Not one person ever 'welcomes' a new comer. I once tried to help a guy from (probably Basildon) who you may know. The answer to his question was sound (I checked afterwards) yet that person 'quoted' me and tried to make me seem silly. I brushed it off as just one of those things. Over the months I have seem so many other similar things.

The issues I am trying to point out to you are, that as people with so much in common and, a desire to help and contribute, is so easily disparaged by people who have been here so long that the ones who have been here longest do not wish the intrusion of newcomers or ignore them as superfluous to their personal needs.

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609
    Digger wrote (see)

Salino, no one is singled out in my comments about being in a clique. Your comments are pointless and do not contribute to a solution but merely try to charge a conflict...that is more like a clique.

..then I shall offer you a solution Digger.   If you want to avoid clicky chat threads, which you mentioned earlier, then don't click on 'latest posts' as this is where one becomes exposed to them as they are usually in a heap at the top... instead go straight to 'forum topics' as you will find 'potting shed' and 'talkback' right at the bottom, virtually out of sight... and if you want...out of mind...

...I rarely do 'chat'.... although I have to say, I don't mind a bit of argy bargy...lol... never know why anyone complains about it... I think it's quite fun...

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

..now that's utter nonsense Digger... newcomers are often welcomed... not by me... gave that up.. but by many others...too much so I think, as so often they never hear from them again...    you're making a mountain out of a molehill on this...

Mike, I don't really care if this thread is locked or removed. I'm a Yorkshireman and I will say as I see. I know that what I have said is true and those who do not like it can ignore it. As for me, I will never use this 'Forum' again. It is pointless. Of no use.