Forum home The potting shed

hormone rooting powder

I wondered if you can advise me.  I have had some rooting powder for several years and I wondered if it goes "off"    I  also heard that you do not use is for geraniums, is this correct.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,568

It does lose its potency after just a few months so is probably no good after a few years.    Pelargoniums root readily without help as long as you give them a gritty compost.

Hardy geraniums can simplify be divided and potted up with bits of root attached.  Water and keep in a sheltered spot out of direct sun until new growth starts.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Alan4711Alan4711 LincolnshirePosts: 1,657

Iv checked an old one and a different new one ,No best before dates at all, WHY

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,568

It's not a food product for consumption so maybe the rules are different.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

I have serch the net for info and the experts say between indefinite to 4 years,now that really helps dont it, so it seems nobody knows ,So i,ll get the makers to advise and come back. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,348

Good idea Alan - it'll be interesting to hear what response you get image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

I have emailed Doff regarding lifespan of HORMONE ROOTING POWDER, it was the only one i could find with a contact address Heres hoping.image