Any good books for beginners?

2»

• Alan4711Alan4711 LincolnshirePosts: 1,572

Hi Goldfinch, Car boot and charity shops, cant go wrong,although most charity shops now have forgot why they are there,image 

• My pennyworth....not often I refer to books, but two books I wouldn't like to be without are: the RHS publications  'The Fruit Garden Displayed' by Harry Baker.

and

*'The Vegetable Garden Displayed' by Joy Larkom.....excellent companions, whatever your experience of gardening.

*Available from Amazon for just 1p.  

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,496

OH has just got into veg growing - he has been singing the praises of Carol Kleins grow your own veg.

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • I'm puzzled image I post on a thread titled 'any good book for beginners', highlighting two excellent RHS publications on fruit & veg gardening.....the latter being available for just 1p from Amazon.....not a single reply! image

I'll get me coat.

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

David I think the ones of us who replied have our books already, let's see if OP responds image

Hope you don't need your coat today image glorious here image

• KEF wrote (see)

David I think the ones of us who replied have our books already, let's see if OP responds image

Hope you don't need your coat today image glorious here image

Yes, KEF......but 1 bluddy p.....I gives yer bargain of the century, and nuffin!  image

Anyway, there was only 24 copies left and the lurkers would have snapped them up by now. image

Think we're tweeting on the edge of a heat wave too.   image