Forum home Problem solving

well hello there little mushroom


A teeny mushroom has appeared overnight in one of my tomato plant containers. Not sure if this is good news? The containers are only watered once a day and then only if the top inch or so is dry. Weather has been great so a little surprised that a mushroom has appeared. 

Should I leave it? Looks strangely adorable.


  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 81,437

    It's not doing any harm - just enjoying the combination of warmth and dampness image

    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,969

    I got the same mushroom in one of my tomato pots yesterday too! My compost was Levington's. The mushroom shrivelled up after 24hours. No harm done.

    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • chocomogchocomog Posts: 6

    I can't even remember what the compost was. Westland, maybe? I tend to just go for whatever multipurpose compost is on offer in Homebase.

    It is shrivelling away now. Farewell, Blob, farewell.

    (I've named it Blob. Someone suggested Sporetacus, but Blob stuck)


Sign In or Register to comment.