The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

WHAT have I just found ?!

Upon dead-heading my Roses this morning I noticed on one particular one there was a LUMINOUS YELLOW spider. The rose head complete with inhabitant has been placed in my brown bin but I am worried whether it is poisonous if it gets out the bin?
I have never seen a spider this colour before and it doesn't help my fear of them! lol
Apologies for the poor picture quality.

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    Hi, ive got those too, just a type of orb or garden spider i think, very good for the garden image
  • NGLittleSeedlingsNGLittleSeedlings Posts: 692

Oooh well on your comment I have now lifted it back out into the garden. It's shock of yellow certainly worried me though lol 

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    Yeah, they do look a bit weird, i may be wrong but i think they are that colour to lie in wait in the middle of flowers.

I used to be really phobic of spiders, but it stopped me enjoying the allotment (massive spids over there!) So i made myself learn about them, not so bad now image
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,452

I think it might be a green orb weaver looking at uk safari...image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 45,942

Pretty image

If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 

Yes Im not as bad with them as I used to be, I can handle the smaller ones but it's the large ones with long legs that I can't deal with lol
    There is one currently living in my GH which I discovered under some Capillary matting when I lifted it up that made me jump lol

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICTPosts: 11,533

I think that the yellow is a camouflage as I usually find them in with flower pollen. They are very good at catching things like greenfly. Very quick.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.

Oooh right, hopefully now he has been re-admitted to the garden he'l do some good image I'm over-run with blackfly at the front of my house so it's a pity he doesn't go for them lol