The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

Why is it White when it was Purple?

YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,282

Hi Everyone,  I have had a Purple Passionflower in my garden for the past 4 years.  Last year it didnt flower but this year it is a mass of flowers but the are all white!! I know plants can revert to the natural colours over time but I thought the purple was the original heres a piccy

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 45,931

The photo looks like Passiflora caerulea 'Constance Elliot' which can have white or blue filaments  http://www.crocus.co.uk/plants/_/passiflora-caerulea-constance-eliott/classid.1698/ , but I don't know why yours used to have blue and now has white - is there more than one stem coming from the roots - could there be two plants there?

If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,282

Hi Dover,  Only one stem and its never had a single white flower before this year.

How odd - maybe it does change on the plant image  It certainly looks like Constance Elliot doesn't it?

If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 

It certainly looks like the one on the link.  Ill keep an eye on it and see any of the other buds do open purple.

• philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 6,293

I've grown P Constance Elliot and it always remained true........so........peculiar to say the leastimage

Are you sure someone didn't manage to kill the first one while you were away for a weekend and they got another and planted it and that's why it didn't flower last year ........... I'm always one for a conspiracy theory image

Hadn't even thought of that...  JFK and now Constance Elliot........the plot thickensimage

Who was Constance Elliott ???  Anything to do with these two? 

You've got me there Dove........either of those  2 look  as if they could conspire for England thoimage

Maybe it calls for a new Thread...........How, Why and After Whom do some of these plants get their names from ?  Apart from boring celebrities that isimage

But an intriguing subject don't you think ?

Im positive no-one killed it off last year.  I think I was a bit harsh with the pruning so it just didnt flower just plenty of leaves.   A bit like my wisteria, although I'm certain Ive got it right this year and I just know I am going to have so many flowers next spring........