Forum home Plants

Donate for us 1940's garden?

Hi guys. We are doing a 1940's garden on a farm in Sheffield. We think you can donate some seeds, plants and fruit trees for us. We will post some pics from the 1940's garden on twitter.I go to the farm for 2 days and your can sent to my home. Sent me a MSG to my profile and I will sent my home info to your guys. image

Thanks for reading.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,515

Tell us more about this - why would we donate seeds, plants and fruit trees to you?

We are private individuals  - are you a charity and if so what are you about?

imageimageimage

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,122

Hmmmmm.....image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,475

Why 1940s? Why a farm? Which farm? I don't understand Michael. We need more details before we can be persuaded to go digging up our prize marrows to send to you...... 

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

His first post and he wants our plantsimageimage

• Andy19Andy19 Posts: 666

His second post and he will want our moneyimageimage

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,705

I think its probably for Heeley City Farm in Sheffield.. a registered charity that does a lot of work with adults with learning disabilities.

http://www.heeleyfarm.org.uk/page/id/75ed1145511d23201567b14faccbc7ed/Heeley_City_Farm_Vocational_Skills_Programme/accessible.html

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Andy19Andy19 Posts: 666

Why did he not put up all the details for everyone to read and know if it was for a good cause. People on this forum are more than helpful & friendly in every way which has been proven in the past sorry about my last post then thought it was a scam.  

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Hi Michael, tell us more about your involvement at the farm and it's name and maybe if we are near we can visit and maybe drop a few things off and say you have told us about the farm. image

Andy don't worry image Had I seen post earlier I'd have posted same. Think Fidget might have given us good info'.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,515

If that's who they are then it's a Jolly Good Cause !!! image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• The farm is manor oak farm on manor line. We got 1940's cottages and we are doing them gardens. On the 3 days on the farm is for learning disabilities and people will not learning disabilities the other 3 days.