Forum home Fruit & veg
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Seed Potato Suppliers

Any suggestions of suppliers for seed potatoes, apart from the usual companies - Marshalls, Unwins etc?

I fancy trying Cosmos this year, and need to order some whilst they are still available.

Thanks.

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

Tuckers seem to sell Cosmos. 

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,114

Have you not got a garden centre nearby with open sacks of many varieties so you can buy a few potatoes of several varieties to try?

• LeadFarmerLeadFarmer Posts: 1,496

My garden centre doesn't sell Cosmos, but I see that Tuckers do. I assume they are a reputable supplier?

• Bumping up above the spam

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Bf206Bf206 Posts: 234

I got 20 charlottes from thompson morgan - only 2.99... Currently chitting away, although they gave me a real variety of sizes and the smaller ones seem to be shrivelling already when really I've got at least a month before I want to out them out I reckon. 

• iGrowiGrow Posts: 183
    I bought a bag of first earlies for 2.99 from a local GC and got just over 50 tubers...
  • Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

Aldi are selling seed spuds at £1.49. 'Desiree' It was a big bag too, compared to TM at £4.99 for 20, it's a bargin, I have all mine though.   

• I've just bought half a stone of Wiljas for £3.50 from our allotment shop. Is there not an allotment nearby that will sell you some?