Forum home Talkback

Gardeners' World Live 2014

We will be going to Gardeners' World Live for the first time next year and wondered if anyone had any suggestions on hotels as we are unfamiliar with the area, we will be driving and not to worried about being close but a nice hotel or B&B would be good.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask about this!

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

I have no idea where Gardener's World is held, but I have used airbnb, in London; you stay in people's homes and I really enjoyed it.image

• That''s a interesting thought which we we will look in to, I like the idea of all that local knowledge.

Thanks

• Artjak - it's held at the NEC in Birmingham, located not far off the m40 I believe.

Stephen - I believe there are some hotels actually connected to the NEC, whether or not they'll be a sensible amount of money who knows, I think one may be a travelodge  . What day are you going, I may see you there image

• archiepemarchiepem Posts: 1,155

the hilton . for one  over pricedimage and thats the barimage

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,181

We swear by trip advisor for places to stay and eat for anywhere we are unfamiliar with - people power !

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • Hi Ryan, we are arriving in Birmingham on Thursday and going to the show on Friday and then returning home Saturday morning, then are you going.

Hi Chicky

I will have a look, what do you think i should put in  on the search "NEC" or is there a post code?

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,181

I would google the NEC postcode, then you can search within a 5 or 10 mile radius

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • Thanks to all that responded and the link from

Merry Christmas to all

• Not sure what happened there,!!! anyway - Thanks to all that responded and the link from Fleurisa is perfect, I'm sure we will get something from the site.

Merry Christmas to all