Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

why-is-it

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

But Verdun, we always know your tongue is firmly in your cheek.image

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Hi Haisie. I'm the sensible one on here imageimageimage

Been gardening ages, and proudly announced a few weeks back that I'd bought a Delphinium" Summer Nights'..lovely thing..alas I've drowned it. We all live and learn image

The last perfect one got crucified..just remembered that expression..right of for a vino and master chef.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Well - you lot have been getting along nicely and having a lovely day without me - just you wait until I can stay at home and play all day image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• HaisieHaisie Posts: 108

TinaTurner, I so understand about the yapping dogs! I have a neighbour who has had a collie for years (beautiful Lasssie type). I love all animals may I state before I go on. I thought it was dead as it was old. And relief from the high-pitched yap. However, over the last few months it has started again but worse. Honestly, it's awful, breaking all peace. I was tending my garden the other day and 'she' passed, walking a collie. I asked. The new collie is 18 months old. And the yap. She explained that her dog barks (yells - it piggin yells) when cats walk across her fence. I have two cats. i was too nice and couldn't find the words to say... Her dog's yap and awful yell is so disturbing every morning and for hours on end. it sets other dogs off too and they ring around - spaniel near and other dogs... Oh, it's awful. My eldest son works late evenings and it so disturbs him. I've had summer hols and not had one lie in. She admired my front garden and she asked for oriental pooppy seeds. I posted some pink ones through her door. No thanks at all. She passed again and asked for the red. They are ripening and so when I post them through her door I will add a note to say that the dog is annoying (bettter words than that). So, your post is not boring at all, I totally understand!

I will work up to the 'Good Evening Forkers' section then! But back at work next week, so will be less on this unfortunately image I will try though as it sounds fun,

KEF, thank you. It's great to know that I am not the only inperfect one! image I am nt mad on my own then... I have really good intentions! But still make mistakes Reading on the Internet is not like reading posts from here at all. image Sorry, overusing the faces here but they amuse me! Thanks image

• Val40Val40 Posts: 1,377

Are you sure you don't live up the road to me Haisie?  My torturer is a sausage dog and, yes, he set all the others dogs off too. Not that his owner admits it.  Said it barks at the foxes!  Oh, yes, there's a lots and lots of them hanging round the garden - not.  I did contact the Council and was told I could make a formal complaint, anonimously if I wished, but decided to do it in, what I thought, was a friendly manner.  I only wish I had done it sooner.  May not be on such friendly terms now but I don't have to have any contact with them anyway. The longer you put up with it, the worse it's going to be to bring it to your neighbour's attention. 

Think about it.

I am thinking about it TT. It's hard isn't it as you don't want to cause any trouble. I have e a farm near means a dog had been barking for years, got used to that but domestic dogs continuously barking from seven in the morning is so annoying. Especially when one owner doesn't do much all day - really and not a judgment - and let's dog scream. A collie does rasp in o e's ears after a while. Sorry for spelling, it's iPad speak, corrects as typing and continuously going back and forth correcting!

• Val40Val40 Posts: 1,377

Well, all I can say is don't let it drag on like I did.  I don't know what they have done but I could have saved myself a lot of anguish if I had spoken up earlier and believe me I am no wilting flower!!  Not bolshi, don't like confrontation, who does, but will stand up for myself.  Hate apathy.  I understand it is difficult when it's a neighbour as you don't want any ill feeling but, let's face it, they aren't bothered about you are they. I will politely pass the time of day with mine, but will never enter into another conversation with them.  They showed their true colours.

Right, now for the adjoining neighbour and the faulty guttering!!  It's a hard life.image

Oh yes, and you have to watch that Kef.  Sensible!!  In your dreams Kef.image

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Tina image

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

My mum's cat used to wind up the dog next door,by slowly walking along the wall,just out of reach. Quite deliberate.