The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

war-with-the-garden

2»

• David MDavid M Posts: 2

So how do I cover the jungle in weed killer? The area is about 6m x 7m. What about the trimmed stems which have no leaves. Will Glyphosphate work on those? Wouldn't I want something that does leak into the soil to increase the exposure to the roots - even if it's bad for the soil?

I like the black plastic idea too. 

Thanks

• Simple answer has already been given-spray with glyphosate twice if needed-let it all die back and rot down-which it will- then prepare for lawn sowing or turf September/October

6x7 is not that big an area-black plastic look awful-where is the water going to go anyway?

It gets a bit tiresome having to defend the use of chemicals-that is personal decision-there is a lot of unjustified scare -mongering-not all a bad-boys and have their uses.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 24,624

Everyone has their opinion on the poisons subject and everyone is entitled to that opinion. If it's tiresome to defend one's own opinion then don't do it.

• addictaddict Posts: 659

There is also the fact that glyphosate may kill what is there but it won't stop more weed seeds turning up and germinating. Covering really is the best bet tho not necessarily the quickest way to deal with it. As others have said take your time image

2»