Forum home Talkback

Replacing a lawn

BezBez Posts: 2

My front lawn suffered damage when we had to have a new water system fitted to the house due to a leak which was difficult to find - hence the damage. Would like advice on when is the best time to tackle the job and would you recommend seed or turf.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 80,384

How much damage was done - is your lawn irreparable?  Can you post a photo or two and give us some more information - soil type, aspect etc image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 47,279

Hi Bez- yes a bit more info and pix would really help. Seed versus turf is often a financial choice but turf gives an instant result. Usually spring is best for seed sowing but late summer early autumn can be good too as it's usually still warm and you get a bit more rain than in the summer, although it depends whereabouts in the country you are too. image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• I bought miracle gro patch magic the other day and sprinkled some on my lawn yesterday. It's supposed to take 28 days to repair the patch,so if it works then I should have grass there by the end of August. I'll let you know.

• BezBez Posts: 2

Am a bit of a novice when it comes to putting photos on here! Sorry! There is a very large dip in the lawn as it comes towards the front of the house this is the main problem. Thank you all for your advice - I feel sure turf will be the best option and I will make plans to get it laid in the autumn.