Forum home Problem solving

Geranium Lacking?

Hi folks,
l have had what I believe is a Geranium in my garden for many years but it never seems to produce more than a couple of blooms despite otherwise appearing healthy.
Any advice would be more than welcome

• LoxleyLoxley NottinghamPosts: 4,796
    It may not like the spot it's in (bit too dry perhaps?), or it may be overly-congested. In autumn, I would try dividing it and planting it in a couple of other places. 
  • Loxley said:
    It may not like the spot it's in (bit too dry perhaps?), or it may be overly-congested. In autumn, I would try dividing it and planting it in a couple of other places.
    The position isn’t really congested and to be honest whenever I feed and water it the flowers seem to disappear for a few days or weeks before returning eventually as in the photo. I assumed it didn’t like too much water/feed.
    I wasn’t sure if the soil was of the right type perhaps, I did try giving it some manure earlier but again to no avail.
    I will try your advice and fingers crossed it prospers elsewhere.
  • GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze I garden in South Notts on an improved clay soil Posts: 2,324
    It does look like one of the rockery Hardy Geraniums. 
    The process of making a garden is like a river running through your life.
    The place stays the same but the water, even in the stillest days always moves.
    Monty Don.