Forum home The potting shed

🌧️ 🐿️ ☔ RESURRECTED 111 ☔ 🐿️ 🌧️

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,511
    Sending sympathy to Mrs Biglad, hope she only has a mild dose, and poor Jack. Shingles is so horrid.

Daughter 2 and I have been shopping. Bought a load of kitchen equipment, mixer, saucepans, frying pans, cheese grater, knives etc as her ex had taken a lot. Lots of special offers but the best was a Shark Vacuum cleaner at 100€ off. Her Christmas presents from me. Going to look for lamps tomorrow.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,890
    What a shock for you Hazel. I sometimes feel like that when I am extremely tired and over the last 2 years I have had some very poor nights as have many others here. Hope you recover soon.
    Ante you had been waiting for such a long time for those lights - I remember you telling us when they were first due to arrive. Fingers crossed that this new order gets to you as promised.
    Busy, you have had a very successful shopping day by the sound of things. I hope that the light hunt tomorrow goes well.
    Thinking of you and the family Chive. Hope Debs and Yvie are OK.
    I have polished up my brain cells ready for quiz night tonight so I am signing out for today. Enjoy your evenings. (I cannot believe how quickly these Quiz nights on TV come around!)
    ENJOY YOUR SUNDAY  Snoopy quotes Snoopy Snoopy funny

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 2,507
    I've done another test today and still negative so I'm able to go about my business. I can even still give blood next week apparently :o 

OH is ok at the moment. Mild symptoms and being waited on hand and foot. She says she isn't enjoying it but I'm not convinced :D 
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 4,027
    Biglad, good to hear your news so far. Fingers crossed all will be well🤞🤞

Goodnight folks,signing out now. 
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 7,719
    Thats good news BL I am pleased remain Covid negative . Busy the vac was a bargain .I hope you find more bargains .Hazel I hope that you are feeling better . LB I hope you sleep well tonight.
    I am signing out ,goodnight everyone .
  • Biglad I hope your oh will make a speedy recovery. I hope you have an update soon and that the symptoms aren’t too debilitating.  Hazel I hope you’re okay.  I had an early night and woke quite early but I did sleep.  
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,890
    A very good morning RosieBB and later arrivals. Good to hear that your test was negative Biglad - think I lost the plot yesterday and read your post as you having tested positive!
    Welcome to FiveCentsPleaseorg  Snoopy love Snoopy cartoon Charlie brown  christmas

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 4,225
    Good morning all. Finally getting the tree up today and going to decorate it then nanny duties this afternoon. Fiancé is off to work won’t be back until tomorrow night. He isn’t 100% but nearly better. 
    Colleague at work is off as her husband is positive and she isn’t vaccinated so maybe some extra hours, not what I want but like fiancé I have lost money due to covid and need to make it up. If she also gets ill she won’t be back before Christmas. What fun! 
    Sorry to hear people are poorly Hazel take care, and hope biglad stays negative. Ante hope the new lights arrive quickly and look beautiful. Fingers crossed for Jack LB 
  • Ante1Ante1 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 2,049
    Good morning LB and all to follow.

LB, I like your cartoon as always. Please don't remind me how Christmas is close. I still don't have everything what I need.

One more freezing morning, although I can see sunshine. This morning I have hot cocoa once more, instead my tea. I have some paperwork to do today, because tomorrow I have appointment at town hall. It's about my new business and I need sign some documents.
    Tuesday I have my easiest school schedule so I'll be back soon.
    Have a nice day!
  • Ante1Ante1 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 2,049
    Good morning debs.
    I'm glad that your fiance is back to work. Please be careful and don't overdo yourself. Extra money is always welcome, but take care. Have fun decorating tree.