Forum home Problem solving

Patches on lawn

Please can someone advise what is happening to my lawn? there are these patches all over.. Searching online, I found out this could be some kind of fungus, but is the lawn beyond repair now? I used Miracle-Gro 119701 EverGreen Autumn Lawn Care a week ago, i hope this is not because of any potential overfertilisation..

Thanks in advance..

Amit

• PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 2,230
    Yes it the fertiliser that has caused it , bit to much iron can ting the grass black. Not much you can do now , it will recover next spring or even over winter if this mild weather continues .
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 47,289
    A bit of rain will wash that all through.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much @ar.amitsharmaG3UD-gKB   :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Perki said:
    Yes it the fertiliser that has caused it , bit to much iron can ting the grass black. Not much you can do now , it will recover next spring or even over winter if this mild weather continues .
    Thank you a lot...i really hope it does. I am preparing billy goats gruff lawn for my little one. Doesn't seem alright if grass dies all around. the goats will have no reason to cross the bridge and encounter the troll.
  • Fairygirl said:
    A bit of rain will wash that all through.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much @ar.amitsharmaG3UD-gKB   :)
    Thanks for the reassurance... your signature photo is 'wow'.. 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 47,289
    No problem - grass is pretty tough stuff, so you should be fine over the next month or two, depending on whereabouts you are, and the general climate .  :)

Glad you like the pic. From the summit of a hill up north at Loch Quoich. Sgurr a Mhaoraich  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....