Forum home The potting shed

🍂 HELLO FORKERS … Nov ‘21 🍂

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,481
    Hello @Pat E  :D
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 9,269
    Afternoon all, brilliant sunshine out there now but I got drowned on the way back home this morning. Had walked down to Tesco's for apples (our own apples are uneatable this year for some reason, so we've finally had to give in and buy some). It's a good 2 mile round trip with no shelter so my trouser legs were thoroughly wet. I knew they were quite old ones (the comfiest sort) but hadn't remembered they were from BHS.  I'd say they've done me proud so I've done my bit for the planet. Can't remember when BHS closed down in Bath but it has to be a good few years.

On the way back, I entered a footpath and was greeted by a very excitable chorus of sparrows. It was a lovely sound so I just stopped and listened - couldn't see them at all.

We like the Bishop's Palace, they usually hold very good Plant Fairs a couple of times a year and also have a very good restaurant. I like the fact that part of the Palace grounds have been given over to community allotments as well. There was a hell of a local row a few years ago when the Diocese wanted to move the Bishop out to a house in a neighbouring village in order to save money, paid £900,000 for it and then had to back track because of the weight of public opinion against the idea. There was a local suspicion that the Diocese wanted to rent out the Palace for functions/holiday lets etc and they couldn't do that with him still living there. All hearsay though but I wouldn't put it past them.
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 5,007
    Thanks for the sarnie @Dovefromabove haven't had one of those for a while. It's stayed dry here and we have just done a leaf clear of the grass.  Not much yet but it pays to do it little & often I find. 
    AB Still learning

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,620
    Haven't used a diary since we left Belgium 5 years ago @Dovefromabove.  Haven't even had a calendar this year!   OH tries to get me to use Google calendar but I can never get it to update so I just tell him and he does it.   Only need reminding about the dentist and jabs as everything else is in my head - so far.

Been a busy girl today.   Sewing room cleaned and all the paperwork filed.   Chooks cleaned out and fresh bedding and water provided.   Scruffy has had her meds and I kept her company sowing seeds - more perennials for a dry border, wildflower bed and the prairie.   No more space for seed trays now.

New loaf of spread bread started off to prove.  Now to make a tartiflette.

I do love a bacon butty - never a sarnie - but these days I use thick slices of grilled bacon in a chunk of multi-cereal baguette.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,495
    Interesting about the Bishop's Palace @Lizzie27.    

We went to the SM this morning, car, too far to walk, needed a few things, like milk.

It has been a nice sunny day so I did gardening and daffodil planting this afternoon. Have planted some violas as well. Also went up a ladder and raked weeds and moss off the car port roof. Couldn't reach a lot of it though.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 11,344
    Lateral flow test negative, but still feel awful, been in bed for most of the last 3 days.
    He calls her the chocolate girl
    Cause he thinks she melts when he touches her
    She knows she's the chocolate girl
    Cause she's broken up and swallowed
    And wrapped in bits of silver
  • ErgatesErgates Devon, east of ExeterPosts: 1,506
    Poor Punkdoc, hopefully it is just the very unpleasant cold that is going round. Has knocked my sister for six, and all her grandchildren have it too. Hopefully you feel better soon.
    Obelixx, can I have some tartiflette please! Our local farm shop restaurant sometimes has it on the menu, absolutely love it. My attempts to make my own didn’t work out so well.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,481
    Glad to know that you have one of the other lurgies @punkdoc, and not that one. Just take it easy and give yourself time to get over it. If it’s the one my son had, it made him feel grim for a week. 🤒
    @Obelixx … hope you’ve made lots of tartiflette … we’re on our way  🚴🏼‍♀️🚴🏼‍♂️
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,476
    Good evening and thank you for welcoming us in to November @Dovefromabove

It was great not to go to work in darkness today, but it was noticeably colder. It feels like it’s about 9pm now though. Missing my evening potterings in garden 😞 

I hope everyone is comfy and cosy - particularly those who are feeling poorly. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,620
    Tartiflette was very good - rich - and there are 2 portions left for you to fight over but no Savoy cabbage left.

This getting dark early always throws me for a week or two till I get used to it.   Feels odd shutting up the chooks before dinner.  I'm now tucked up on the sofa with a dog and a throw to keep warm.   Not putting on the heating just yet.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw