Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🌻🍦🌻August ‘21

• Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 5,012
    Hi everyone,  another cool grey day here. Wasted day yesterday as plumber didn't come.  Got a text in late afternoon apologising for lack of contact.  Rearranged for Thursday pm now,  last chance.  Plots this morning but just to harvest,  I  really need to spend a whole day or three,  it's all looking a bit scruffy. Things are shutting down already.  I'm at Capel Manor tomorrow,  helping to get ready for the Japanese ambassador's  visit on Thursday.  I think I mentioned he is planting two Cherry trees,  and then doing a tour, including the Japanese garden they have I wonder what he'll think of it. 

AB Still learning

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 9,269
    Hello all, I've been in town most of the day, having my hair done and doing some shopping. Bought a new dark red handbag for me (old one's getting shabby) and a 'man bag' for OH as a pressie. Not quite sure what he thinks about it but it'll hold his brollie, camera, wallet, glasses and paperwork etc, etc when he goes into town rather than a  plastic bag which I detest when he's with me. 
    Went to M & S for a quick lunch but they were short staffed so no hot food was being served. Ended up with a small kid's sandwich and a cake.
    It's still horribly overcast here and quite cold, I was freezing in just a cotton top.

Left overs for dinner tonight, I'd better go and have a nose in the freezer.
    Enjoy your stint at Capel Manor @Allotment Boy.
    Anybody heard from Punkdoc lately? 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,481
    @Lizzie27 😊  @punkdoc and OH have gone to stay with her sister for a few days. 👍 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 9,269
    Thanks Dove, I'd forgotten that.
    Now, does anybody recognise this pretty creature? Friend or foe?
  • I think it is the Poplar Hawkmoth, which is harmless. It feeds on poplar and sallow.
  • D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, Haute Vienne/Dordogne border. FrancePosts: 3,728
    Quick hello. It's Charlie's birthday today, we've spent all day together, lovely. He had to help me calculate the wages and do a cash and carry run, but other than that all indulgent mum and son time. He is so loving and said the best birthday present he could wish for was spending time with me. Bless him. 

He's very proud of his new shoes too. 

"To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul." — Alfred Austin
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,481
    edited August 2021
    Lovely pics … isn’t here like you 😊. Many happy returns of the day to Charlie 🥳 🎈 

night night all … sleep tight 😴 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Pat EPat E Posts: 11,065
    Love the photos DD. He’s really growing up. 
    S. E. NSW
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 31,671
    Hugs to you both @D0rdogne_Damsel
    Devon.
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 11,065
    We’ve been for a little walk. Some photos.

Austral Bear’s Ear .  Cymbonotus preissianus.

Plumcot blossoms

I’m very pleased that those few days of rain didn’t ruin them. Might get some fruit this summer.
    S. E. NSW
This discussion has been closed.