Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🌻🍦🌻August ‘21

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,508
    Yes, Dove, there's a key but I can't remember which one or where it goes!
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,498
    Ok ‘eck @Busy-Lizzie … there’s so much to remember about a new home. You’ll have to remember to ask the donkey man 😉 

Night night all … sleep tight. 😴 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, Haute Vienne/Dordogne border. FrancePosts: 3,731
    Hello all,

Thanks for such lovely comments. CdeG has definitely evolved beyond my wildest dreams. I love to see so many people enjoying it, but there's constant worry and stress living up to the expectation. Staff issues are the biggest bug bear, and the French system makes it twice as difficult. 

I had to waitress this evening and it was so nice to hear positive comments 1st hand, I'm usually stuck in the kitchen. I had however, been stuck in the kitchen from 9 am until 6pm, so turned into waitress from 6pm until 10pm, exhausting, and I've got to do the same again tomorrow.....so it goes on. Soon be over. 

@Busy-Lizzie, your baptism weekend sounds lovely, apart from electric gate stresses. 
    @Hostafan1i can't even begin to explain how sad your situation makes me feel.  I do so hope you're able to experience a 'happy ending' but also hope if not ideal, you won't beat yourself up about it. Biggest ever hugs. 

Must sleep. Best wishes to all. 

"To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul." — Alfred Austin
    Gosh you work hard @D0rdogne_Damsel. Take care of yourself.

Morning all.

The builder is coming, hopefully to finish turning the big open barn into a car port. He concreted the floor while I was in Norfolk.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • tui34tui34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 1,987
    Good morning to you!

@Busy-Lizzie  I hope the morning is as beautiful where you are as it is here.  No wind.  Quite cold this morning, but the sun is warming.  Hope the builder turns up!

@D0rdogne_Damsel  Long day for you.  I think September will be equally long.  Will you still do evenings?

Off for a scan this morning, so had better get my skates on.  I prefer the early appointments.

Have a pleasant day.
    Tui
    A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

edited August 2021
    It will be sunny @tui34, but the sun is hardly over the trees yet. Only 9° at the moment. Should be 25° later. Good luck with the scan.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,498
    Good morning all 😊 ☕️ 
    hope everyone’s had a restful night. 
    We’ve had some rain overnight but it’s dry now if overcast, and very quiet and still out there. 
    OH is working today so I’ll continue with the pickling marathon … and knitting and watching the paralympics …. plenty of excitement 😎 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Pat EPat E Posts: 11,072

Bee hive in fallen old Eucalyptus.

No rain today. My washing is now finishing off on a dying rack inside. 🙄

Good morning all. 
    S. E. NSW
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 5,016
    Morning everyone,  damp overnight here too, dry now. I am hoping a plumber will come to sort the downstairs toilet.  We have been trying to get it fixed for ages.  My main man is just too busy, a chap on the Allotments said his son was a plumber.  Spoke to him Friday & he offered to come today,  he was supposed to text me to give me a time,  but I haven't heard from him. I sent a reminder yesterday but still nothing.  Not sure what to do. 
    AB Still learning

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 4,024
    Morning all,  chilly and overcast here. Although it's back holiday im working 1 shift today with my favourite customer.  She sent me to the nursery to get lots of lovely plants for a redesign of a couple of beds.  Found some gorgeous plants and dug a few from my garden for her too so we will be having fun plonking and planting!
    More coffee first as I woke with a cracking headache, it's going now but means a slower start!
This discussion has been closed.