Forum home The potting shed

🍹 🍓 🍨 RESURRECTED 107 🍨 🍓 🍹

• debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 3,778
    Thank you for kind comments re Thomas, it makes me so happy to see he has the olive skin tones and dark eyes of my Dad, whose mother was a proper Romany gypsy who had jet black hair until the day she died. My daughter has that colouring too and it’s lovely to see Thomas has a little bit of his great grandad about him. A happy reminder of a special man, who would have been so proud of his little great grandson. 
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 16,927
    I had imagined you blond @debs64, wonder why? I wonder how many of us look like the way we imagine each other.

Some friends told us about a plant nursery about 35 minutes away so we went this afternoon. Loads of lovely plants at half the GCs prices, reminded me of the one I went to in France. I bought 8 perennials, have found places for 6     Not planted yet.

We stopped at a thatched pub for a beer on the way home, except it wasn't really on the way. The pub OH wanted to show me was shut.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Topbird I totally agree with you.  I shall continue to wear my mask.   As you say, without government backing it’s impossible to enforce so there’ll be mask wise the withs and withouts. Busy you’ve done well.  The garden in the vicarage looks very good.  Goodnight everyone. 
    @Busy-Lizzie I am naturally mousy haired but I do have blonde highlights. The dark colouring missed me but went into younger generations. 
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 32,398
    Well the flower club meet up was a lot longer than I expected but the bottles look absolutely beautiful. The roses that they will put in the bottles are called Crème de la Crème:
    Rose 39Creme de la Creme39  The Biking Gardener

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 32,398
    Just learned tonight that I am going to be a great aunt again - January 22nd. My nephew and niece-in-law who got married in the Lake District in 2019.
    Signing out for tonight.
    See You Tomorrow GIFs  Tenor
    Have a great evening!

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 7,157
    What a lovely surprise LB .
    Good night everyone ,I have a book waiting for me .
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 3,068
    That's  wonderful news LB, congratulations👍 Get the knitting needles out.....

+

+

+

Goodnight all. 
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 15,444
    Well said @Topbird not a rant at all. I totally agree with you too. My OH is still very vunerable.  I will admit, this so called Freedom  day is worrying me. 

Beautiful photos @Busy-Lizzie you've been working hard.
    I thought you were blond too @debs64
    Beautiful rose @Ladybird4 Aww that wonderful news LB congratulations 🍼 as Hazel says, lots of knitting to do 😉

Had a lovely time with the poppets this afternoon, 😍😍

Will say night night to you all, sleep well and sweet dreams 😴😴😴

Good morning all. Good news @Ladybird4 always lovely to hear about a new little one. 
    Sunny here but I am at work all day maybe get a little time in the garden this evening. Just weeding and dead heading these days trying to keep it looking good. I am a suicide blonde (dyed by my own hand) or at least I am when I can get a hairdressers appointment. 
    Looks like you are all working hard as usual, such a busy lot of people. It’s getting hot in the next few days so don’t overdo it and keep hydrated! 
    Have a good day everyone