Forum home The potting shed

RHS Flower Shows 2021

LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,475
I thought I'd start this thread as a pace for people to post photos from any of the shows that are going ahead this year.
'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
- Cicero

• LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,475
    But I also have a question - has anyone been to Hampton Court yet this week? There are tickets still available for Sunday and I'm really tempted (Hampton Court is my flower show of choice usually), but it is expensive and looks considerably smaller than usual. There are some show gardens and exhibits that particularly appeal, but I'm just not sure whether to grab a ticket while I can, or give it a miss this year. It would be good to hear feedback from anyone who goes.
    - Cicero
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,736
    I would expect the shows to be much smaller this year as many will have decided not to risk the cost of preparation and another cancellation.  I also wonder what it will be like under foot at Hampton Court after all the rain.  Carol Kirkwood was there either on Monday or Tuesday and the ground looks 'iffy' then.
    I watched a drone 'fly through' of the show yesterday, which didn't do it any favours - looked tiny! But I have since read a couple of reviews which gave much more detail and on that basis I've booked a ticket. Fingers crossed 🤞

(I do always wear walking boots anyway, so a bit of squish won't faze me. And the weather is supposed to clear up a bit from tomorrow)
    - Cicero
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,946
    I've a friend working on a stand. I'll see if I can get any info from  him
    Devon.
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 2,292
    edited 7 July
    Oh gosh, I dislike them so much...but know how much the RHS needs the revenue from them. Fake gardening for a temporary effect...even if they frequently end up permanently installed somewhere. But such a difficult thing to advocate in a climate emergency, all that effort and wastage for a few days of people walking past pointing and snapping. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,477
    I received this in my inbox earlier this week, there are some very interesting gardens. Not so sure about the plane crash one, although l get the message it's trying to convey.
    https://thechattygardener.com/?p=14407

Personally l would take the opportunity to go while you can, we've all been cooped up for so long.
    Can l be cheeky and ask for some photos of the Hardy's stand if you get the chance? 😊
    my niece is at HC today. I'll ask her later, when she's home
    Devon.
    I'll do my best, @AnniD. And thank you @Hostafan1.
    - Cicero
    LG_ said:
    I'll do my best, @AnniD. And thank you @Hostafan1.
    she's just posted on FB that she's there.
    Devon.
    Hot from the press:
    " It’s less busy but also less stalls. Still nice though. Atmosphere is quite chilled "
    Devon.