Forum home The potting shed

Candide (plant company ?)

Has anyone else started receiving adverts for this company offering what looks like some interesting plants? What has caught my eye is a couple of blue hostas .. I already have 'Love Pat' and the others look good 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,612
    I’ve never heard of ‘Candide’ as an online plant supplier … has anyone else heard of them? 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,904
    I assume the OP means this place?
    https://candidegardening.com/GB
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Crikey! The plants are expensive 😲
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• B3B3 Posts: 18,969
    😖
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    Hmm all is becoming clearer … basically it’s a marketing/selling platform
    … Etsy/EBay for gardening stuff … you actually pay (so presumably have your contract with) the individual sales people and they pay Candide to market their stuff on the site 🤔 
    I’ve been trying and failing  to find delivery terms and costs … anyone been more successful?

• PatsyFaganPatsyFagan Posts: 16
    thank you all for your comments .... enough for me to ignore the very attractive photos and  delete this company . 
    Hi @PatsyFagan :)  I imagine they're a pretty new set up, trying to make the most of lockdown etc., otherwise I think more folk on here would've heard of them.  

• BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 2,967
    I have just been looking at it and thought it was OK but a bit on the prissy side. The posted photos had the usual gushings of ‘wow’ and ‘amazing’ while I’m thinking ‘all right, I suppose’.

I was interested in herbaceous plants for sale and the choice was very limited and not especially cheap. Penstemons in 3 litre pots, for example, were about £12 plus £7 delivery.
  • ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 3,775
    @PatsyFagan Have a look at New Forest Hostas instead, for a really wide choice :)