Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🏖 ☔️ 🏖 ☔️ 🏖 July ‘21

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,839
edited 1 July in The potting shed
July is here  …. not quite wall to wall sunshine … yet … but here we are … somewhere warm and cosy to chat about everything or nothing … and even whinge about the weather … 
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,839
    Good morning all 😊 coffee is being made ☕️ ☕️ ☕️ 
    help yourselves … tea is also available … 🫖 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 4,082
    Morning everyone,  woke early and struggled to get back to sleep.  Off to Wimbledon today glad in a way that we won't be watching Murray,  not sure my nerves could have stood it. He does make hard work of it. 
    AB Still learning

• Pat EPat E Posts: 10,268
    Hi everyone. Thanks for the July thread Dove. 😁👏👏

our weather is still very cold here.  Hope you’ve all got nice warm weather. 
    S. E. NSW
  • tui34tui34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 1,287
    Good morning Diggers!!

Good morning  @Dovefromabove  @Allotment Boy and Gidday @PatE  - late start for me this morning after a pleasant evening drinking rosé and eating Seiche à la Plancha in the Promenade under the Plane trees last night.  Sigh!  Beautiful morning; sunny, little wind - breakfast under the pergola.  Not very French though.  Marmite on toast!!

Have a good month - the veggie garden should start fruiting for most people this month.  And we're away for summer!!
    A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

• BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 1,880
    Morning all,

Don't think that we'll be getting any rain just yet.

Just replaced a couple of the sacrificial French marigolds in the fruit border. They'd been savaged by Cyrils so I'm quite happy to feed them if it means leaving MY food alone ;) 

Off to sister's garden after a track session this morning.

Have a good day everyone.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,839
    Not what you'd call 'warm' @Pat E ... OH has 5 layers of clothing on his top half and if it wasn't supposed to be summer I'd probably put the heating on ... there's a thick layer of cloud between us and the sun and it's not getting through ... 

Have a lovely time @Allotment Boy ... poor Andy ... it means so much to him that when he's doing well I think he just can't believe it's happening and his concentration goes ... it was wonderful to see him moving so well, even after that awful slip.

I'm baking bread today and I'll make a fruit cake as we may have a visit from niece who is visiting a friend at the UEA ... they've been in the same flat for a couple of weeks so I think that must make them one household so they can visit us ... if it's not pouring with rain we can be in the garden and if it is we'll be in the studio with the glass wall open one side and the doors out to the garage open the other, and the garage door up ... that'll provide a good through draught!!!  

• ErgatesErgates Devon, east of ExeterPosts: 592
    Bit overcast here, but the sun is peeking through the gaps in the cloud cover. Having a decadent breakfast of coffee and pastries at the Donkey Sanctuary. Will take a look in their plant sale area before we leave, got tempted last time by some hostas. But first a walk round the fields here, huge variety of trees planted along the paths and of course, donkeys to say hello to.

• Pat EPat E Posts: 10,268
    I must admit that I’m finding the weather really weird this  year. On the TV, they were saying that quite a lot of people had died an Canada and northern US from a heat wave. Really high temps. I hope we don’t get it next summer. We will have to make a den under the house if so.  ( Assuming  that we lose power like they have.).🙄🙄
    S. E. NSW
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 16,775
    Good morning all. 

I'm envious of your sky @Biglad, but had a glimpse of sun this morning but now it's grey again.

I don't watch sport often, unless it involves horses (but not racehorses) which is hardly shown any more. However, I ended up watching Andy last night and got quite excited.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • didywdidyw East SuffolkPosts: 694
    Enjoy Wimbledon today @Allotment Boy.  When I went under the lottery ticket system years ago we got to see a veterans match - it was hilarious!  I don't think I could bear to watch Andy live either.  
    It's scary what is happening in Canada and Pakistan.