Forum home The potting shed

dyson

I'm getting plagued with a dyson advert covering the topic panel how can I tell it where to go?

• TackTack Central South UKPosts: 703
    It is very irritating I agree.

• barry islandbarry island Posts: 1,316
    This new discussion I had to type "dyson" in quickly before the advert dropped down as without a title the new discussion won't post, the advert has changed to einhell now?
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,436
    Adblocker and adblock+ are free to download and stop ads appearing - on PCs anyway.  No idea about mobile phones and tablets.  
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 2,279
    If on Android use Edge as a browser...adverts gone. The main section for GW Mag now has a pop up that requests removal of adblock on desktop Chrome... presumably does so for the forum pages? If only they understood the only way to have people put up with adverts is to make them as nice as possible and no obnoxious overlays or video/sound intruders. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,983
    I use Block Bear on my iPad.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• barry islandbarry island Posts: 1,316
    I don't mind the adverts so much I can just ignore them its when they drop down and stop me using the site as it should be used, very unfair and disruptive adverts out of control.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,560
    edited 29 June
    Immediate media run Radio Times website and it's a nightmare. 
    Last night the only thing to load was adverts. Couldn't get any TV information and you can't access with Adblock running .
    I'm not sure of the point of so many adverts that it stops one visiting the website altogether. Surely that achieves nothing for anyone but wasted time?
    Devon.
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 2,279
    Mind you, I still wonder why Radio Times still exists...maybe not for much longer  :D
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • steveTusteveTu Posts: 1,507
    UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,560
    edited 29 June
    Mind you, I still wonder why Radio Times still exists...maybe not for much longer  :D
    I just use it ( website, not magazine ) to see what's on TV each night
    Devon.