Forum home The potting shed

Fertiliser Query - sc60

I got talking to an elderly customer the other day at work and while I was complimenting him on the quality of his plants he told me used a fertiliser which I think he called Sc60. He kept it in a jar so I didn't see the original packaging but he explained that he put a small scoop in his watering can during the growing season.

It looked a light pink or beige colour with the odd darker speck through it.

Anyway long story short I can't locate this anywhere. Would anybody on here have any ideas on this particular product?

Many thanks
Alan

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,919
    Try googling, if it’s there you’ll find it. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,677
    Go back and ask him where he gets it from?

I've never heard of it. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 7,634
    The only fertilizer I know with numbers in the name is Vitax Q4 and the only thing Google came up with is the Starcol SC-60 photometer :(
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • B3B3 Posts: 18,989
    edited 19 June
    There's stuff called 6X. Could you have misheard? (6 times)
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    But that's chicken manure ... not really what I'd call pink ... and quite fibrous, it'd block the rose of a watering can ... 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• B3B3 Posts: 18,989
    Oh well. He'd best ask the man then😊
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    It's good stuff tho .... I like chicken manure ... to put on the garden ... not on toast ... prefer peanut butter ... the crunchy sort. 

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,919
    Years ago at a little village near Okehampton there was a chicken farm where they turned the waste into fuel and run their cars on it. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Further update is that the product is called Silvamix c60.

Not any luck with stockists via Google if anybody knows where it is being sold I'd be very grateful. 
  • mandyroberts99mandyroberts99 BedfordshirePosts: 160
    Here's the website, why don't you ask where its available in the UK?
    https://www.silvamix.com/general-information/