Forum home The potting shed

Why people don't use this forum.

1235»

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,673
    I suspect this forum has all sorts of useful features but, like many a washing machine, we tend to stick to one basic programme for 95% of washes/visits.

How well you observe, exploit or use all the features depends, surely, on the needs of the person using the forum or washing machine and their intelligence/awareness when it comes to what else you can do with them. 
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • B3B3 Posts: 19,405
    It took a while before I realised you could hold your finger on a plant name, or indeed any word, in order to look it up on the internet
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 11,560
    edited 23 May
    Obelixx said:
    I suspect this forum has all sorts of useful features but, like many a washing machine, we tend to stick to one basic programme for 95% of washes/visits.
    I would like to know what they are. I find it frustrating when I discover a useful widget I wish I had known about years ago. I always kick myself for reading and re-reading the instructions properly.
  • SporophyteBoySporophyteBoy Posts: 99
    Fire said

I would like to know what they are. I find it frustrating when I discover a useful widget I wish I had known about years ago. I always kick myself for reading and re-reading the instructions properly.
       Years ago I worked for a firm who used a hugely expensive software programme that I began to use with some trepidation. "Don't worry" they said, all the keystrokes are the same as So&So. Were they hell! It locked up completely on me when working alone one evening - administrator tore me off a strip - "You hit Ctl X"!!!! "Well, yes, probably - it's O.K. in So&So" "No, No - it isn't! NEVER touch Ctl X! It's ARMAGEDDON!" 

Their M.D. asked me to write a report on possible improvements to the firm - there was plenty, Ctl X being a part! Two days after I handed it in - Christmas Eve, they sacked me. Something I share with my father, his firm sacked him to save on holiday stamps!!! Ah, the Good Olde Days!

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,928
    I'd love the option to Dismiss whole threads in which I have no interest. 
    Those about plants I don't grow, or TV programmes I don't watch for example. 
    Devon.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,673
    We have the opposite @Hostafan1 You can bookmark the ones you want to find again easily and then just scroll past the ones you know will not be of interest.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw