Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

ROSES - Spring/Summer Season 2021

NollieNollie Posts: 7,529
As discussed, due to the vast number of posts already, the previous New Rose Season 2021 thread is now closed. To be replaced by two threads a year  - Spring/Summer and Autumn/Winter - so here’s the first! As ever, thanks to @Marlorena, the original author of this thread and inspiration to us all.

Please share photos of your roses, your trials and triumphs of growing them, ask for advice or recommendations or anything else rose related 🌹 All welcome, contributors old and new!

It’s been a slow start this year due to the weather, but here’s a couple of my early ones to get us started...

[Sold in commerce as] Francis Dubreuil, not the original Tea rose of that name. See here for a potted history: https://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=2.83675

Marie Pavie, Polyantha, Alégatière (France, 1888)

Mountainous Northern Catalunya, Spain. Hot summers, cold winters.

• MarlorenaMarlorena Posts: 8,705
    @Nollie
    ..thanks so much, and for closing the other one too..

..getting a good scent now off 'Not FD' ?..  [apparently, it's not Barcelona either, according to Australians]...
    East Anglia, England
  • NollieNollie Posts: 7,529
    @Marlorena, no problem, yes not FD has a rich scent now, a bit of sun brought it out.

However, it’s now rather cold, misty and drizzling here so perfectly possible my roses will be checked again, but will do my best to produce some blooms - put a fan heater on them or something! Off for a day trip to the coast shortly, where the weather is hopefully warmer than it is up here, 413 metres higher.
    Mountainous Northern Catalunya, Spain. Hot summers, cold winters.
  • MarlorenaMarlorena Posts: 8,705
    Oh lucky you.. have fun !..  
    East Anglia, England
  • Bright starBright star Posts: 1,153
    @Nollie- beautiful roses to kick start new thread. 
    Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

• OmoriOmori Posts: 1,674
    Beautiful roses Nollie and enjoy your trip :) 
  • newbie77newbie77 Posts: 1,838
    Beautiful roses to start new thread Nollie. 

I had given slow release rose food at half dose since my plants are still small. When would be time to give next feed? I have tomato food for next feeding schedule.
    South West London
  • OliyaOliya Posts: 228
    Hello everyone! Those who have Kew Gardens (shrub), does it produce hips in autumn? DA’s website doesn’t mention hips but I’ve noticed a couple of other websites do. What is your experience with it?
  • celcius_kkwcelcius_kkw Posts: 753
    edited April 2021
    @Bright star not sure if you know this already but if you edit the photo - however slight, such as cropping it by a few millimetres will make it load uprightly.. 
  • Bright starBright star Posts: 1,153
    @celcius_kkw, I didn’t know that, thanks!
    Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.