Forum home The potting shed

Weather Stations - do you have one?

Does anyone use a weather station, particularly with smartphone connection?? 

I remember having a rain gauge in the garden for a school project many moons ago. I think I had to cut the forecast out of the newspaper each day too. Children would laugh at that these days! 

My garden and I live in South Wales. 

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 7,371
    Yes @AuntyRach, we've had one for years. It's not controlled by a phone though and I probably don't make use of it properly.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,178
    I have an Oregon Scientific one. It doesn't connect to my phone, but I have the most basic version and I think they do more advanced ones.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,674
    We got a new one at Christmas, a Technoline.  Pleased with it so far .....we have the outdoor sensor in the GH so I can check the minimum temperatures and work out how the heater is working.  About to buy a second outdoor sensor so we can see whats happening in the world outside the GH too.  It doesn’t connect to my phone though.
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,127
    Thank you guys. I will have a read and research. ☀️🌨❄️☔️
  • PosyPosy Isle of Wight.Posts: 2,626
    I have a basic one and I love it. It tells me the temperature outside, in the greenhouse and inside, and just for fun, phases of the moon and air pressure. It isn't always correct about what the weather is actually doing at any given moment and it doesn't connect with my phone.
  • MaddiMaddi Posts: 9
    My husband asked for, and got, Netatmo weather station for Christmas. Links to iPhone and iPad. Needs base station indoors, then can add rain, temperature and wind gauges. He seems pleased with it. I understand my plastic funnel rain gauge better!
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,127
    I have a little temperature and U.V. gadget @posy - I really like it.

Oo thanks @maddi - looking at that.