Forum home The potting shed

Magazine Packaging

Anyone else finding the magazine being damaged in the post by rain/water due to the new paper packaging? Really frustrating.

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 17,588
    edited 19 January
    Bring back the plastic bag . 
    Why have something biodegradable when you can have plastic. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Nigel103Nigel103 Posts: 21
    Biodegradable and waterproof would be ideal.
  • I got my very first copy through the door yesterday , subscription kindly bought for Christmas by my boyfriend. Unfortunately the free seeds are missing and I'm not sure who I can contact to get them? Thank you
  • Nigel103Nigel103 Posts: 21
    I think the free seeds are being posted separately this week for new subscribers.
  • BiljeBilje Posts: 587
    Hi Valsumner I got my second edition yesterday seeds were in the package. I don't have my magazine to hand but I believe there are contact details near the front 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,871
    @Valsumner, the seeds were missing from copies sent to new subscribers as Nigel says. They are due to be sent out later this week  :)
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 6,201
    I've only had one copy arrive that's been damaged by the rain and a few that turned up with the packaging ripped open but blessedly the junk mail didn't get lost :|  Today's delivery was wet but the contents were fine. It's not the greatest quality paper for postage use though I'll admit. Contrast that though to the RSPB kids' magazine which is made of very absorbent paper and gets delivered with no packaging at all. We've had a few ruined copies turn up and they always send out new ones for us but still refuse to use even a paper envelope to help protect them. Even in covid times they refuse to wrap the magazine even if it would be just for hygiene reasons. I guess you just have to keep reporting problems though or they'll never know if their packaging has problems or not.
  • Mine turned up with a load of sellotape on one of the side seals, (thought that's it no seeds) luckily the seeds were still inside plus the junk.