Forum home The potting shed

😷 RESURRECTED 101 😷

• Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 1,476
    Morning debs, hazel, Biglad and Rubee.
    Here is warm but rain doesn't stop. It's perfect for tree planting, so never mind if I get soak a bit.

Debs, it's better that your fiance is at home when conditions are like that. Safe trip to work.

Well, when is snowy and cold, keep warm and see you afternoon.
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 3,225
    @Ante30 he isn’t worried about driving in the snow but a few years ago I was stranded at work when the buses stopped running because of the “Beast from the East” and it was quite scary. I am now always worried about public transport in the snow it’s unreliable at the best of times. 
    He can go down to work at his own convenience he isn’t paid any extra to go in he just wants to clean and organise the kitchen. 
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 2,131
    That's good of your fiancé Debs, at least you'll arrive safely and won't have to mix on the bus. We have sunny blue skies here at the moment🤦‍♀️ but had a heavy hailstorm during the night. You have snow again, mad mad weather. And poor old Olaf is sliding away.......😂
    Im still waiting for my wool to arrive and I am getting perilously close now, to needing it. Or I will  just have to twiddle my thumbs.....
  • Rosie.b.Rosie.b. Posts: 1,078
    Debs I hope today’s a better day for you.  Ante enjoy your day off.  It will be lovely to plant the tree.  LB you sound like you have a busy day ahead.  Take care.  Biglad there is a light dusting here also.  Have a good day.  Good morning Hazel.  Keep warm.  Chive I hope you have a good day.  It’s sunny here.
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 14,681
    edited 6 January
    Morning everyone.......just! 
    Overslept this morning, didn't wake up till gone 9!!  So now really behind🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
    All Decs down, I've put them in the spare room to box up later while OH does his zoom Pilates. Had hoped to  have them packed away already, but getting up late put paid to that 😣
    LB good luck with yours 🎄
    Debs, hope you have a better day at work.
    Ante, how lovely you can plant your Christmas tree. Take care in the rain 
    Hope your wool arrives soon Hazel 
    Rosie, Biglad, still no snow here 😓 hope we get some soon. I want to take snowy pics in the woods.
    Oh gawd, minds gone blank again🤦‍♀️
    Have a good day everyone 
  • Rosie.b.Rosie.b. Posts: 1,078
    Lily I’m glad you caught up on your sleep🛌Zzz
  • CheyngelCheyngel Buxton! Derbyshire, not Norfolk.Posts: 4,192
    Afternoon all!

I'm due a cold weather payment which is an extra £25 to stick on the electric so that's good.

We've had a little more snow overnight too but it's already melting.
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 6,054
    Afternoon🙂 

We've had no snow here at all (pout). Today has been dry and sort of sunny so I've had a couple of hours outside. Clearing up quinces, cutting back Gp 3 clematis and a bit of other dead stuff. There's loads to go at out there so I'm thinking an hour or so every dry day. The ground is absolutely sodden which limits where I can walk quite a bit. Flippin' cold too - I now have tingly fingers and a cold wet nose. If I was a dog that would be a good thing right?

Glad OH was able to take you to work Debs. When we lived in York I worked right in the centre of Leeds. Being a southerner I didn't understand why everyone cleared off home as soon as the snowflakes fell - until I got stuck one night. Apparently the buses can't cope with snow on the uphill roads leading out of the city centre. They get stuck which means traffic becomes gridlocked. 3 hrs stuck in the car in a traffic jam watching the snow get deeper and deeper - didn't make that mistake again!

Hope the wool arrives soon Hazel.

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • ChivetalkingChivetalking Leigh-on-Sea Posts: 1,287
    edited 6 January
    Afternoon everyone, it was a surprise to see you’re on Rez 101 it goes so quickly,
    Work has been fine I’m getting used to the changes, I have a small class/bubble to look after and they have been great 🤗
    Nice to see you are all busy with different things,
    LB busy packing away all the decorations or will one get away?! 🤔 I had a little bauble escaped under the table so it’s staying out,
    Hazel I hope that wool arrives soon, love the idea of writing up your mums notes what a nice keepsake,
    Rosie good to hear the sun is shining your way, we’ve had a brighter day here today, 
    SGL Good to hear you are sleeping better, hope you get everything packed away while OH did his Pilates,
    Debs Loved the photos of your kitchen transformation it all looks very neat and little Maisie enjoying the birds lovely to see,
    Ante I hope the planting of your Christmas tree goes well, it’ll be a lovely addition to the ones you’ve planted before,
    Chey Good news you can shop for yourself online now, it’s nice to have that independence, 
    Topbird You did well to get all your accounts done, the garden is very squelchy at the moment nice to do a few jobs outside a wet nose must be good 👍, 
    Rubee that is nice to make scarves for charity, they’ll be very well received,
    Biglad your snowman needs some help 🤪I hope all goes well with the footie,   
    LillySilly I hope school is going well for you, it sounds like you have some good measures in place to keep everyone safe I hope all goes to plan, 
    Sorry if I’ve missed anyone it’s been a long one to try and catch up, time for a cuppa now.
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 6,054
    Hi Chive - it's good to hear that work isn't too stressful. Young children seem to be rather good at sticking to the rules don't they?

We haven't seen much of LB today - hope she's not fallen into her Christmas tree!
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down