Forum home Tools and techniques

Fiskars Bypass Loppers. - Nut already loose !!

NewBoy2NewBoy2 BristolPosts: 1,807
On 27th Nov I bought the above and have used it for approx 2 hours in total.

The adjusting nut has an Allan key hole on the one  side and an ordinary nut on the other so I cant tighten it.  I dont have any Allen keys.

Going back to the shop tomorrow.

Cant see the exact one on their website as it looks like an older design.

Everyone is just trying to be Happy.....So lets help Them.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,633
    4 years ago I bought some Fiskars bypass loppers with extendable handles.   The inner dooberry that clicks in and out to hold the handles in extension failed after just a couple of weeks.  Returned to shop and swapped with no trouble.

Same again but no more stock so kept them as the blades are excellent.  Wrote to and emailed Fiskars and am still waiting for a reply.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • NewBoy2NewBoy2 BristolPosts: 1,807
    I have learnt from this experience to check out the designs and mechanics in future.

I could start a rant about how things are supposed to break after 25 months of a 24 month guarantee..............but about 10 lops only is a bit much.

The chap in the shop said that this was the first time they had had one returned.

Glad it is not just me who has had a problem with Fiskars

Everyone is just trying to be Happy.....So lets help Them.
  • KeenOnGreenKeenOnGreen Posts: 1,631
    We have had really bad experiences with quite a few Fiskars tools, and wouldn't buy them again.  The exception is their PowerGear hedge shears.  We cleared an allotment with them (8ft high brambles and worse), and they held up amazingly.  Most of the other shears we have bought have been rubbish in comparison.  
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,518
    I bought some as a present for @WonkyWomble a few years ago when she started a new gardening position on a private estate ... IIRC they lasted her just over a year 😢 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh