Forum home Garden design

Irish Gardeners World - Diarmuid Gavin

KiliKili Posts: 748
edited September 2020 in Garden design
Haven't seen this chap for a while came across him by accident on iplayer. Quite interesting if your stuck indoors. Like an Irish Gardeners World.

I found it quite interesting . Worth a look if you want a gardening program to watch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m000l6sx/gardening-together-with-diarmuid-gavin

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,375
    It was a good programme, l'm hoping they make another series.
    https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/1045699/gardening-together/p1 
  • KiliKili Posts: 748
    edited September 2020
    Ah.. thanks AnniD. I missed it completely on BBC 2

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 40,891
    It was on tv a while ago and many of us have enjoyed it. There was a thread on the forum too. I'm surprised it didn't get a bit more publicity though, as I think more people would have watched it. 
    I recorded and watched it recently. :)
    I'm a long time fan of Diarmuid, although I don't like Helen Dillon. They did a nice programme a few years ago too. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,375
    It was tucked away at 6.30pm and I don't recall seeing a lot of publicity for it at the time, to be honest.
  • GrasslyGrassly BucksPosts: 66
    I liked the style of the programme with the viewers landscaping sections and Diarmuid comes across as a gardener who doesn't take himself too seriously and is up for trying something and seeing what happens sort of gardening. Being Irish myself of course I loved the views of the countryside and hearing all the accents again.
    We needed an hour though...half hour was a bit short.