Forum home Fruit & veg

Chilli plant question

Hello,

Does anyone know whether this dark discolouration on the stem of my habanero plant is anything to worry about? 

Plant seems to be healthy in general!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,701
    It only appears to be occurring at specific places like nodes in the stems ... I think that’s perfectly normal. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,356
    I've seen those marks on  my chilli plants and to be honest l've taken no notice as they don't seem to affect the growth, and l've had a good harvest.
    I usually look at this site if l've any questions and found it very useful  :)
    https://www.southdevonchillifarm.co.uk/
  • Thanks! Do you think I should move these inside to an area that gets plenty of light? Greenhouse not as warm as it has been the last few months!
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,356
    edited September 2020
    I would move them somewhere warmer definitely and keep them going. 
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 11,117
    I agree, dark markings at nodes are normal for many capsicums.  I'm lucky enough to have a west-facing double-glazed but unheated conservatory and I move as many chillies and sweet peppers in there as I can at this time of year.  Even though it's unheated, I'm usually still harvesting well into the new year unless there has been a prolonged period of freezing weather.  If you're lucky with the weather then the plants may survive even if they lose all of their leaves and I had half a dozen start growing again this spring which gave very early harvests and are still producing. :)
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.