Forum home Plants

Rose ID if possible!

There is a beautiful rose bush, planted nearby by the developers. I would love to know what it is. See photos. Some blooms have a pink tinge in the centre, some a hint of yellow - all are an ‘antique’ ivory colour. The gardeners hedge trim it but it still produces an abundance of blooms.

I took 4 cuttings a few weeks ago and 2 appear to have roots (they are in lower half of plastic bottles.)
How should I look after these? I was intending to plant them in a large container as I have a tiny garden and want to make some changes in Autumn.
Sorry 1 photo upside down!

• amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 1,800
    Here's a good overview of taking rose cuttings: https://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to/grow-plants/how-to-take-rose-cuttings/

You can put your cuttings or take some new ones in a nice deep pot (like the ones you see David Austin Roses use) they will be ready to plant out in a year's time. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • I took 5 cuttings. 4 appear to
    have taken!  I have put them into fairly large pots and they are producing more leaves. 🥳

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 67,424
    Dont count your chickens ... wait until you see roots at the bottom of the pot. 

Cuttings will carry on producing leaves ... like flower buds will open in a vase of water. 

But fingers are very crossed for them 🤞 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• sarinkasarinka Posts: 269
    Those really are delicious.
  • Could it possibly be Sweet Honey?
  • They had fine, white roots when I re-potted them. (I started them off in the bottom part of clear plastic bottles so I could check if there were any roots forming.)
    However, I realise that they need to be left undisturbed for some time.
  • Pianoplayer - thanks for your suggestion. Sweet Honey looks rather darker than my rose, which is an antique ivory colour. Some of the younger blooms have a slight yellow tinge to the centres and some a pinkish tinge. Quite unusual.
  • peteSpeteS Posts: 572
    @Lyn Plant-Wells...I'd love to know myself what it is...it's a beauty.
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 4,300
    It looks very much like Champagne Moment - opening with a touch of blush apricot then turning ivory white, classic tea-shaped blooms, floribunda, glossy leaves...

Kordes roses are popular landscaping roses as they are usually healthy and relatively fuss-free. Never much fragrance, though.

What do you think?

• peteSpeteS Posts: 572
    @Nollie...going off DA and Beales website I think you might well be spot on.