Forum home The potting shed

Hello again everyone!

B3B3 Posts: 18,979
I got a prodigious amount of real gardening done as opposed to virtual gardening. sans forum.
How about you?
In London. Keen but lazy.

• Pauline 7Pauline 7 West Yorkshire Posts: 2,038
    Hello B3 I have missed everyone helping me unwind after work. I hope you are keeping safe and well. 
  • B3B3 Posts: 18,979
    I'm fine. Are you ok too?
    I even got myself down to checking the site  twice a day.
    Dug out a huge hemerocalis. Who'd have thought they'd have such deep roots! Who'd have thought the border is 4 or 5 ft deep? The fork of Damocles is hanging over some nearby overgrown shrubs.👺 I'm in the mood for a land grab now.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,461
    B3 said:
     The fork of Damocles is hanging over some nearby overgrown shrubs.👺 I'm in the mood for a land grab now.
    Go for it. Don't carry passengers. If they're not paying their way, get them out.
    Devon.
    Cry God for Harry, England and St George!!
  • Pauline 7Pauline 7 West Yorkshire Posts: 2,038
    I was checking twice a day too. Managed to get a  couple things done in the garden but we have not had our garden waste bin emptied since they stopped for the winter, ( last October).......until today  😁😀😁😀 Now I am hoping for a nice dry weekend so I can start to fill it again.
  • GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,286
    edited June 2020
    Same, got lots of pottery jobs done that I had been thinking about for ages, none seemed like hard work but it is funny to look back over past few days and realize I did tons of things lol.

Kind of empty feeling though not being able to post a few lines and share what I have been getting up to.

So some of the highlights, now have working chipper (replaced carburetor as old one wasn't salvageable after long-term storage), planted tomatoes out, did things to compost, put in supports for beans, lifted first batch of garlic earlier today and hung up for storage, lots of other things too, just been busy busy all the time and probably fitted in two or three extra jobs a day as was not visiting the forum, did though binge on Charles Dowding videos.
  • SkylarksSkylarks East MidlandsPosts: 379
    Hello, hello, hello 😁

Hope you’ve all been well.

I’m very pleased to see the forum back up again. I’ve missed reading the posts and advice - I find weirdly relaxing. Can’t say I’ve got more jobs done though 😂
  • BusylizBusyliz Posts: 98
    Nice to be back. A lovely drop of welcome rain this afternoon 
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,010
    Hi everyone. I have missed you all on here.
    Haven't done alot. Gave away the summer raspberry plants I'd made from cuttings last Autumn,   after I realised they weren't the currents they were supposed to be! 🙄 Planted out tomatoes and bought a couple of courgettes as had no seed. But couldn't tell anyone, very frustrating. 😁 I think I'm addicted. 😁
    I'm using the local gc. It's a different experience at the moment. You see what they've got and if it will work in your garden. The plants are a little more expensive  the quality is excellent. I doubt I'll be travelling to  the biggy for quite some time.  Mostly plants and definitely no smelly candles or the like. I'm pretty sure that people's shopping habits have changed. Mine certainly have.