Forum home Problem solving

Rose identification help

Good morning all

I’m after some assistance if at all possible. We purchased a small standard rose a few years ago now and it has previously gone from strength to strength. However, this last year it seems to be struggling somewhat despite regular care and feeding, well that’s an understatement it may have given up the ghost.

I’ve attached a photo of the rose in the hope that someone is able to identify it as we have lost the label. In the event that my suspicions are accurate I’d like to be able to replace it as we think it’s quite unusual. Although for all we know it may be extremely common.

Any help would be much appreciated. Any other info or photos required please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Adam

• pitter-patterpitter-patter Posts: 1,954
    It looks a bit like my patio rose, the label doesn’t give a name unfortunately.

• B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 22,857
    Isn't there one called harlequin that looks like that?
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen Spain.Posts: 6,094
    Thera are a surprising number of bi-coloured roses of the yellow with red/pinky orange combo, so even if you don’t find the exact same one, I am sure you can get something very similar, such as Firebird, Tequila Sunset, Oranges and Lemons, quite a few more, but this little patio rose by Kordes, available as a small standard, looks promising:

• JemulaJemula WorcestershirePosts: 161
    Worth checking photos of Masquerade.  There is also a Baby Masquerade.  
  • It looks a bit like my patio rose, the label doesn’t give a name unfortunately.

Thanks for your post 😊 it looks to me like you have the same one 😮 or as close as I’m likely to get. It’s just a shame you don’t have the name either. Ah well back to the drawing board. Hopefully someone else will see the photos and be able to recognise it.
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen Spain.Posts: 6,094
    I think @Jemula might have got it, or as near as - Baby Masquerade:
    http://www.rosesuk.com/roses/baby-masquerade
  • pitter-patterpitter-patter Posts: 1,954
    I don’t think mine is a named variety. This is the label.