Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Grass not growing

2»

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117
    As I said earlier - did you prep the area properly? Did the seed have proper contact with the soil? 
    It's also possible that some of it has been eaten, as you sowed it early. 

If you have some photos, it would help, because there may be a good reason why it hasn't grown well,  but I think you need to be patient. Feeding will not help at this stage, and can be counter productive. 

There was a post recently and the person was expecting grass to be growing after 5 days. Sadly, patience is often harder to cultivate than the grass  ;)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • 7wigginsb7wigginsb Posts: 8
    Fairygirl said:
    As I said earlier - did you prep the area properly? Did the seed have proper contact with the soil? 
    It's also possible that some of it has been eaten, as you sowed it early. 

If you have some photos, it would help, because there may be a good reason why it hasn't grown well,  but I think you need to be patient. Feeding will not help at this stage, and can be counter productive. 

There was a post recently and the person was expecting grass to be growing after 5 days. Sadly, patience is often harder to cultivate than the grass  ;)
    Hey sorry about the slow replies. 

I've reseeded and just popped grass on top alot more than I did earlier, the weeds are growing but not the grass. I'll get some pictures later this week 

I prepared by watching a titchmarsh video and done what he said 
  • 7wigginsb7wigginsb Posts: 8
    UPDATE: 

After I planted more seeds it's started to grow better, still very patchy.