Forum home The potting shed

Flags on Allotments

NewBoy2NewBoy2 BristolPosts: 1,800
On mine in Bristol we only a couple on show.

A Royal Ensign from the Falklands , some Nepalese Prayer flags...not original and a couple of Bristol Bears Rugby.
Everyone is just trying to be Happy.....So lets help Them.

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,532
    IMHO, not a good idea.  Just read some of the posts on this forum about difficult neighbours.  Gardens and allotments thrive best when those who tend them are friendly and co-operative.  Why invite conflict by proclaiming one's allegiances?
  • NewBoy2NewBoy2 BristolPosts: 1,800
    No we are all friends and get along well.

I just thought there maybe some unusual flags ..thats all.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 11,146
    Why would you want to put up flags?
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,635
    Flag irises?
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,286
    Maybe I should run up a black flag of anarchy, or a skull and cross bones over the veg plot. No doubt improve my relationship with the neighbours.  >:)
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,532
    This thread has reminded me of a lovely film from the '60s, Morgan - a suitable case for treatment. The closing sequence shows the eponymous anti-hero planting a circular flower bed.  The camera pans skywards, to show that he's arranged the plants to form a hammer and sickle.
  • NewBoy2NewBoy2 BristolPosts: 1,800
    GemmaJF

I have a Pirates flag and it started when some of the plot holders children asked what was in my shed and I said that was where The Pirates lived.

" ? Where is their  flag " they said so I bought one.

The strong winds destroyed 2 so i now have a 2 x 3 foot one made of nylon on an 8 foot tall pole.

My plot is at a cross roads on the site and new visitors are told to go up to the flag and turn left or right.

Its all good fun.  B)