Forum home The potting shed

Nurseries / Garden Centres doing local deliveries.

KT53KT53 Posts: 6,449
I thought it might be useful to tell people when we discover ones which are doing this.

I discovered today that Dawn Nurseries at Shurdington near Gloucester & Cheltenham are offering this service.  They produce much of their own bedding etc so any help they can get I'm sure will be appreciated.

• TenNTenN Posts: 121
    Not great news from the BBC today https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52098436

I know that my local nursery is struggling to get orders out because they've only got two vans. Margins are already so small for a lot of our favourite nurseries it's hard to see some surviving. 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 9,655
    edited March 2020
    Thanks for that @KT53, l wonder how long the situation remains tenable ?
    They are the only ones around here that l can find. Places like Trioscape and Norton are closed.
  • barry islandbarry island Posts: 1,469
    I've just had an email from Mr Fothergill's Seeds and they are apologising in having been slow with orders but say that since lockdown they have had a 10% increase in orders, they are expanding their operations to cope and training more staff, it's good to see businesses rising to the challenge.
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,681
    Ashwoods in Kingswinford West Midlands are delivering and posting.  Paddock Plants are taking online orders and Brookside Nursery is delivering plug plant orders. 
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,681
    Oh David Austin has resumed it's online ordering after a short break to sort staffing out.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 6,449
    AnniD said:
    Thanks for that @KT53, l wonder how long the situation remains tenable ?
    They are the only ones around here that l can find. Places like Trioscape and Norton are closed.

Trioscape and Norton don't produce their own bedding and veg plants as far as I know so their situation is somewhat different. 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 9,655
    Good point, Trioscape used to import a lot of plants from Holland and then grow them on, and l think Norton used to get some plants from Trioscape !
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,404
    Nursery and local garden centres here are closed for the foreseeable, including any deliveries.
    Personally, I think that's right. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 6,141
    Here too. We don't have the big chains, just local family-run places for the most part.
  • Andy19Andy19 Posts: 671
    Two garden centres in the Clyde valley in scotland are delivering all garden goods. Just phone up order pay by card then they will deliver both just started doing it from yesterday.