Forum home The potting shed

Magazine subscription

I was given a years subscription for gardeners world magazine, will it still be coming out each month now? I didn't get around to activate it and now the office has closed down ( w h Smith )
There is a bar code on the envelope and a number which you can do on line but is it worth it now 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,511
    I've flagged your post up to the Mods ... hopefully they can advise you.  
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 5,016
    That's an interesting question @Don my Ton . I've been a regular subscriber for years and had just received my April copy. No idea though if I will get next month's. I presume it might depend on how many people get ill.  
  • Bee witchedBee witched Scottish BordersPosts: 533
    Hi @Don my Ton

I got an email from them a couple of days ago ..
    Bee x

A message from Immediate Media, publisher of BBC Gardeners' World Magazine.
    Logo

In light of the developing situation surrounding the outbreak of COVID-19 we wanted to keep you updated regarding the measures we are taking to ensure we can continue to deliver your copy of BBC Gardeners' World Magazine.

We are working closely with our suppliers to make sure that business continues as usual.

However, in the event that there is significant disruption, we will communicate with you via email and messages on buysubscriptions.com. We will also put an announcement on our website and on social media.

If we are unable to deliver your magazine to you we will extend your subscription free of charge, so you won’t lose out. Also, we will send you a complimentary digital edition so you can still enjoy the latest content.

Given the work we have done with our suppliers we are not expecting any disruption in service, but we wanted to let you know how we will communicate with you should we need to.

We appreciate your patience and we hope you continue to enjoy your magazine in these unprecedented times.

With warmest regards,

BBC Gardeners' World Magazine Team
    Bees must gather nectar from two million flowers to make one pound of honey   
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,511
    Well done @Bee witched  ... I've been scrolling though my Deleted Box ... you beat me to it. 😁
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Daniel HaynesDaniel Haynes Posts: 384 admin
    Hello Don my Ton,

Thanks for your query. Here's an update from my colleagues on the magazine:

"Please rest assured that we'll be continuing to publish Gardeners' World Magazine monthly, as usual and we're very much committed to bringing you excellent service through these challenging times.

We're currently working really hard to finish off the May issue, which will be packed with  great content. As ever, it's a big collective effort - this is a bracing challenge at the moment as the team is dispersed across several cities and counties, working remotely. But, with the help of technology and lots of tea we're getting there. And it's the first time many of us have had the pleasure of sitting in our own gardens on a work day, so there's always an upside!

We're working closely with our postal partners to ensure that our subscribers continue to have their monthly copies delivered directly to their homes in a timely manner. We're also inviting our subscribers to sign up to email alerts so that if there are any disruptions or concerns we can let them know as quickly as possible. In addition, our subscribers have access to extra online content (through Secret Garden) that is updated regularly."

Daniel Haynes
    Editor, GardenersWorld.com