Forum home Tools and techniques

Eamon McElduff

Lawn Maintenance
I plan to carry out lawn maintenance soon as the weather permits. My garden is in a sorry state. 
I know what I want to do but I'm not sure about the sequencing, calendar start date and general timeline. I need to undertake the following activities -
apply moss killer
sow grass seed
scarify the lawn
sow fertilizer
apply some sand / soil mix
Please can you give me some guidance while invoking all of the above activities. I have the tools necessary to do a good job.
Thanks in anticipation of your kind assistance.

Eamon McElduff  

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 23,384
    If you can edit your post to change the title and call it something like "Lawn care advice please" the posters who know most about lawn care will be more likely to respond.

In the mean time, have a read of the info here - https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=413 and try and keep off your lawn while it's very wet or frozen.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 66,135
    edited January 2020
    To edit click on the cog wheel at the top right of the text box. But that has to be done within an hour of posting. 

In the meantime one of the folk who’s knowledgeable about lawns is @glasgowdan so hopefully he’ll see this. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh