Climbing rose only has foliage at top

13»

• There is some room , I can't tell exactly how much but there is certainly some room on the next fence panel to the right .
  • If you look at my email, I explained that my comment about having not enough room was at the very beginning. It sounded like I should spread the branches out horizontally from the top where they are, which I didn't want to do, as next to it (not seen in the photo) is another climbing rose and a clematis starting out. Later, I received other advice which should help me. Your hostility is unnecessary Hostafan, (maybe it should be hostile-fan...) and a shame on a site like this, as I'm sure the others would agree. End of.
  • P.S> changed my username to avoid your horrid comments, will do so again now this new one has come up. Bye.
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 565
    Don't be put off by this unnecessarily rude exchange @chats42 most of the time this forum is a friendly place. Good luck with training the rose. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • HexagonHexagon Posts: 962
    I had the same issue as a newbie @chats42. The ignore button is very useful for avoiding odious individuals.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,071
     I don't have room to spread it out horizontally. I think the best thing is to grow a shrub under it next year to cover the bare bit!
    I will indeed be following them and training my rose horizontally. 
    Devon.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,071
    edited December 2019
    I've been ignored by far better , feel free.
    You asked a question, I gave an answer in good faith, you dismissed it out of hand . You're now  , basically , saying I was right all along, and going to do as I , and others suggested, and you say I'M rude and hostile??? 
    ROFL.
    Devon.
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 565
    You said it was just words on a screen...judging on the punctuation you were in a spitting rage writing them. You were repeatedly sarcastic and passive aggressive and somehow you don't like it when it's pointed out. Just let it go already. Giving advice is meant to be out of kindness...not a way to puff our egos. Over and out. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow