Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• HouseFinchHouseFinch British Columbia, Canada (Zone 5)Posts: 306
    Just got out the last 4 bags of leaves onto the garden-all areas are fully mulched now. Now we are sitting back and enjoying the snow.
  • cornellycornelly Posts: 816
    Turned over the compost heap, looks full but will rot down nicely, and did some weeding in the tear drop flower bed, from the edge too wet still to go onto the bed.
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 2,248
    Trip to Allotments today too wet underfoot to do much sorted the Apple store as a mouse seems to have found it's way in  :s
    AB Still learning

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 5,413
    Took advantage of the bright, still conditions. Wiped down condensation in greenhouse and checked over potted bulbs. Pulled out the last of the white nemesias in a pot, and spread the compost over the flower bed. Picked up leaves from on and around the hydrangeas. Had a walk round picking up any random stuff and cut back Michaelmas daisies and just general checking over things. 
    Not strictly gardening,  but moved the solar lights so that they catch any available sunlight.
    3 weeks until Christmas and nights drawing out again ! 

• We prepared the soil in the field enriching it with manure and home made compost.  Heavy work for OH whilst my job was to pop the willow cuttings into the ground to give us some privacy in years to come. That took up most of our morning and we haven't finished the hedging yet.  More bare rooted plants and Silver Birch to follow over the w/end.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 4,340
    I only had time to pull up some dead iris leaves and general debris. The wisteria has started to drop its leaves over the bed below it, so yet another leaf clearing job to be done - when it's a bit warmer!
  • WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 158
    Pricked out teasels hopefully they will do ok in our meadow area to add some height. Despite the lack of green in the garden the cardoons look amazing in the frost 
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 2,248
    Just some more leaf clearing after the wind & rain last night.
    AB Still learning

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 5,696
    Planted the last of my bulbs, pheasants' eye narcissi, in the long grass next to my washing line.  Hopefully the scent will waft around the garden next May...
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • We planted three Silver Birch Himalyian with white trunks,  to grow 1.5 x 5 metres over the next few years. I put some old late bulbs in the soil near to the trees. I wonder if they are too late - or if they will even do anything, as I had them stored in the shed for a month or so?