Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 2,261
    edited November 2019
    Volunteer day at Capel yesterday I got to prune some of their cordon & espalier fruit trees which had been a bit neglected. I did point out they should have been done in summer but we have given them a bit of a tidy up. Makes a change for me to be doing something I know more about than the guy I am working with!
    AB Still learning

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 4,395
    Well done @Allotment Boy.

I swept up yet more leaves (and there's still more birch leaves to fall - sigh. I also weeded and cut back two small flower beds before the cold drove me back indoors at 3 pm.
  • Rik56Rik56 WiganPosts: 312
    Didn't plan on doing any gardening today but nipped to Aldi and saw they had Hellebores for £2.99, of course I couldn't resist so I got 2 along with a Gaultheria Mucronata (also £2.99) and planted them when I got home! 
    I couldn't resist either..
  • Rik56Rik56 WiganPosts: 312
    Planted some Tete - e - tete daffs in the window box and a couple of bulb pans - plus limed the Kohl Rabi beds .. as you do.
  • Moving some plants to the conservatory - next night is expected to be frosty. 
  • Tin potTin pot Posts: 1,080
    Raked up leaves
    Composted begonias and dahlias
    Filled leaf mould bin
    Binned growing bird seed
    Pulled out remaining gladioli and composted

• Lizzie27 said:

I swept up yet more leaves (and there's still more birch leaves to fall - sigh. I also weeded and cut back two small flower beds before the cold drove me back indoors at 3 pm.
    I was under the impression that I wouldn't need to weed in November @[email protected] and I'm incredibly disappointed to find that I do!

Today my bare root roses arrived from TL. Very exciting - I've planted three in the ground and put three more in a pot ready for planting once we've replaced the wood panelling on the shed. 

Checked on my plants in the shed. Had to throw away some of my pelargonium cuttings - rotting. The main plants themselves look happy enough thus far though so fingers crossed.
  • Tin potTin pot Posts: 1,080
    Lizzie27 said:

I was under the impression that I wouldn't need to weed in November @[email protected] and I'm incredibly disappointed to find that I do!

Same here!
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,289
    Minimal going on here. I brought my Jade and Lemon Verbena inside from the back porch to an unheated room. I cleared some leaves and moved a few pots. No leaves left on any of my trees now - thank goodness for evergreen shrubs and trees. Will be doing a forage of green foiliage tomorrow for my annual wreath and floral display craft making. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 4,395
    Had to cut down very reluctantly our rowan tree - right plant, wrong spot. It was too close to our garage.