Forum home The potting shed

RESURRECTED 87

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 29,733
    Image result for Hello Wednesday
    Good morning everyone. Mid week again. Fingers crossed for SGL's OH and his check up today. I had gremlins too this morning - no TV. After giving the V-box a Paddington Bear hard stare and vicious pushing of on off button it finally went into 'start up' mode. Bah, technology!
    Lily has just gone into red alert mode, I thought she had brought a mouse in, but it turns out to be a mahoosive spider. She is now amusing me no end batting and spinning round in circles as said spider makes a break for freedom across the living room carpet.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
    Today is Lancashire Day so celebrate with a hot pot:

Image result for Lancashire day images

• RubeeRubee Posts: 6,149
    Morning LB .Lilly having lots of fun this morning .When there is spider in our house my lot gang up on it  to see who can eat it first .I have to make haste and rescue it ,if I can .
    SGL I have my fingers crossed for your OH check up .Keep warm on this cold wet day .
    Love the teddy LB . 👋 everyone .
  • Morning.
    Thank you everyone. 
    Love the teddy pic LB.
    Take care, looks cold and damp out there again.
    TTFN 
    Morning Ruby, Chive and M-U. Latest results Spider 1 - 0 Lily
    Chive I'm going to dismantle the printer and see if the feeder rollers need cleaning. I did a bit of research on printers last night and according to most reports I read, at six years of age my printer is actually 2 years older than printers are expected to last and it has done sterling service for me over the years. If it fails to work after my ministrations today then I will be looking for a new one.
    M-U the 'eyes in the sofa' is so funny. It has created a wonderful picture in my head. I need breakfast and getting clothes on now. By the way, I don't mind you not celebrating Lancashire. I live here now but it is not my county of birth.
    Hello SGL, you snuckered in there. Best wishes to your OH for today.
  • Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 1,283
    Good morning to all.

LB, poor Lily, I don't like spiders so i cheer for her. Joyce explained me the term "hit the hay" yesterday", but don't worry, I were in bed already😂.

SGL, finger crossed for you and OH today.

Grey and windy morning here. Rain might start any minute. I think that my visit to cottage and garden is off.
    Have a good day and stay warm. See you later.
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,847
    Morning all - it’s dreich out there. More unmentionables today then some card writing. If it clears up I may gather more leaves.

SGL - everything crossed for OH’s visit. 

LB - I’d be really cross if a printer only lasted that long. Mine is at least 15 years old. When we bought it we wanted an All-in-One Printer / copier / scanner but we really needed it to be wireless. It was all new technology then and ours was the only domestic one on the market. Now they’re 10 a penny (Ante = found everywhere) and cost about a quarter of what we paid then.

It’s like washing machines which are only supposed to be good for 10 years... Mine has just registered to vote in the forthcoming election😉

I think companies who build quality products which are designed to be repaired rather than replaced so they last for years (the likes of Honda, AEG, Dualit etc) should be given an environmental tax break because it has to be the greener solution. Hate the ‘throwaway’ culture in society.

Off my soap box now....
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
    Agreed T'Bird. My last printer was about 10 when it finally died the death. I too have an all in one wireless device which also does photographs and it has has been wonderful - until last night. I need to take a look at the feeder rollers now to see if they need cleaning - something I have never done before - so they could have paper dust on them which is preventing the pick up.
  • Rebecca110Rebecca110 Posts: 1,485
    Topbird I don't like the throwaway culture either.  Things should be made to last.  My vac is playing up at the moment which doesn't usually happen with all the bars lit up.  LB these printers can get scrambled and I hope you can rescue it.  My printer used to print off tester sheets slot and then gave up the ghost but was great when I first had it.  Chive I will be wrapping some of the c presents soon.  Lily fingers crossed for oh appointment.  Thinking of you both.  Topbird it's dreadful weather here too and misty.  Alfie is curled up beside me and is asleep.