Forum home The potting shed

RESURRECTED 87

Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 29,733
Related image
Here we go again Rezzers. Carry on chatting.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 29,733
    T'Bird, I meant to ask the other day if any more of your plants are showing signs of honey fungus?
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 6,149
    I noticed on my last post  I contradicted myself . I am not doing much today (I will wake up soon)😒.
    Get some more tea down you Ruby!
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 6,149
    Doing that now LB 😄
    Morning M-U and Hazel. M-U, delivery people do my head in. I don't even want to think about wretched herpes and their lack of reliability. The south American river people were pretty good on Saturday for me.
  • Rebecca110Rebecca110 Posts: 1,485
    Gas man arrives explained the problems.   Gas man replaced the flue and tinkered with the boiler.  Once the flue was fixed he tested it and also checked the condensate and confirmed there wasn't a blockage.  The heating is, on, here's hoping it stays that way, popped around to Rubees for a cuppa and some crumpets while home, hopefully, continues to warm up.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Morning all.  Got up very late today.

Rebecca, I hope that the problem flue was the only problem and the heating stays on.

With all the talk about C....s I may write C cards this afternoon as it's too damp to do leaf clearing.
    SW Scotland
    Rebecca - that is the best news! Hoorah
    Joyce I have been writing C*******s cards all morning! Not quite finished yet. Prepare to get brain dead! Time for lunch now I think before I tackle the remaining few cards.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,499
    edited November 2019
    Afternoon all,
    Ghastly ghastly ghastly. As predicted. As usual.

If I rest them on my nose, just so, I can read. But I can’t see across the room. That requires me to push them a bit higher. Long distance I can’t do at all. Read a numberplate at whatever? Forget it.

And one leg presses on my left ear and has given me a bruise there, while the pad on my right nose has formed a deep depression in my skin.

As ever, I am going to spend the next three months bending and plying the various bits of frame until something suits me. I once managed to snap the frame when I got too frustrated with it all. I wasn’t given the right sort of temperament to be a fiddler.

Rebecca, I really hope that your problem is fixed. 🤞

Sorry, going to sit with me specs off for an hour or two and try to calm down.

Miserable weather intit?

Apropos of nothing, here is a nice old photo of an event in Derbyshire long ago. Don’t know why or what they were dancing for, but if people are going to get worked up about two men dancing together on TV they should take a closer look at rural goings on in the past.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.