Forum home The potting shed

CURMUDGEONS ' CORNER 5 - BAH HUMBUG!🍬

B3B3 Posts: 13,117
🎄The 61 days of Christmas will soon be upon us.
Time to get the sprouts on😋
In London. Keen but lazy.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 25,151
    Bah Humbug indeed
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 61,236
    Sprouts should go on at Easter ... don’t want them underdone 😉 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 30,894
    I was about to say - what do you mean @B3 - mine are already on  :D

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 4,880
    I keep finding firework debris in the garden. A rocket fell right between the greenhouses and there's bits of plastic and chemical soaked cardboard all over the place. I still haven't properly fixed the broken pane in the greenhouse roof after a rocket broke it a few years ago. It's not helping my generally bad Monday mood after getting very little sleep last night :| At least the rocket had a good plant support stick attached to it. Every cloud...
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 61,236
    OH’s colleague says that the flat that shares her landing already has a big plastic Father Christmas etc decorating their half of the landing 😧
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• B3B3 Posts: 13,117
    I was going to start a thread  competition for spotting the first Christmas decoration of the season, but it appears I'm too late. And it isn't even Guy Fawkes yet!
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    B3 said:
    I was going to start a thread  competition for spotting the first Christmas decoration of the season, but it appears I'm too late. And it isn't even Guy Fawkes yet!
    There's a house near us which didn't take the lights down after last xmas. Mercifully they've not switched them on for a while . 
    Devon.
    In very Catholic Goa, nobody had decorations up before the 18th of Dec
    Devon.
    Hexagon said:

I hate how anyone not complying with a social convention is seen as miserly. Not wasting my money decorating anyting with sparkly plastic tat.
    I'm pretty sure plenty of folk celebrate Diwali, and Eid, and Yom Kippur and all sorts of other stuff. I don't get involved with any of them, nor christmas either
    Devon.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 4,147
    The 'C' word, and all associated items, should be banned until the start of December - at the earliest.