Geranium doubts

I have 2 trailing geraniums and an upright one which are still I full bloom. They are in mangers on a sheltered wall and the upright one in a container. As frost is imminent should I remove the flowers and take them indoors or cover them outside.     Advice appreciated please

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,695
    I always bring mine in, as you say, cut them back a bit and put them in pots for now. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Thank you Lyn, I were getting a bit torn with them still  been in flower
    They’ll probably flower indoors through the winter. I put mine on the sunroom windowsill. Shame to get rid of them if they’re still flowering,

• I could bring the planter one indoors but the manger is a bit large. I might bring it into the greenhouse until the  flowers fade. Thank you
  • Hazel-1Hazel-1 Posts: 2,375
    We still have some geraniums flowering, some outside and some in a large cloche. The outside ones will be going in cloche shortly as the temperatures drop but it’s nice to still see some colour about. 
    North East
    My daughter lives in Cornwall and just leaves hers out all year. I couldn’t do that here though as it’s wet and cold. 

• Lyn and Hazel-1
     I live in North Wales so couldn't take a chance. Quite a bit cooler up  hear:D  
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,401
    Lyn and Hazel-1
     I live in North Wales so couldn't take a chance. Quite a bit cooler up  hear:D  
    I live in Llandudno and mine stay in the ground all year.  But we are blessed with a balmy microclimate, probably something to do with having the sea on both sides.  You could always send your tender plants here on holiday!
    No way could I leave my Pelagoniums out through the winter, they’d would be dead in no time. Some don’t even survive in the greenhouse. 

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 26,958
    Same here @Lyn. We've already had about 8 frosts or thereabouts, and that, coupled with the wet cold would mean bringing them inside in late September or so. 
    I don't usually have them, but I got some Lord Bute a couple of years ago, and forgot it was to be frosty. I don't really do half hardy plants. ;)
    They had a couple of nights of a light frost no problem, but after minus 6 the next night, they'd had too much, and just died off. They were fine for about a week after coming inside but it had clearly knackered them! 
    I might get a few plugs next year again though - and mark a date in the calendar....
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....