Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🕸🕷November 2019

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,894
    @Lyn The Cat's Protection League will lend you a cat trap if you're really concerned, so you can at least get her speyed and then release her again. But you seem to be doing pretty well without it and the weather getting worse will hopefully help you to get her inside. No sensible cat would be outside today, given the choice.
    “This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic.”
    ― Terry Pratchett
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,247
    Good morning @punkdoc 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏉 🤞 

I suspect there will be some people who aren’t interested in the rugby ... Good morning to all of them too 🤗 
    I’m in the interested camp 😀. Currently a bit nervy.   Come on lads, you can do it 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,942
    Good morning @chicky 😊 

I don’t usually follow rugby ... don’t know anything like as much about it as I know about football. Bro played rugger at school but that was on Saturday mornings so I was riding. But I’m definitely interested in this match ... I started off this morning with the sound off ‘cos I was listening to the very interesting Dave Myers on R4 ... but the sound is up now and I’m sort of watching while sitting out the button band on MIL’s Christmas cardi.  It’s quite nerve wracking 😨

I’m one of those people whose know a bit about several sports because of family involvement, son was a sprinter in his teens, ex was a good amateur footballer and of course as I think I’ve said before, cousin was a racehorse trainer and Ma’s family were soccer mad ... her grandfather had brought them up knowing the players when he was chairman of Luton Town which was quite a successful team back in those days. 

I’ve always enjoyed playing tennis but riding was always my first love 🐎  <3 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,247
    I have to say I love any sport when it’s a big occasion ......always want to see England do well 😀
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
    chicky said:
    I have to say I love any sport when it’s a big occasion ......always want to see England do well 😀
    They are struggling a bit in this one though so far. Imagine beating the all blacks and still not winning the tournament 😢
    chicky said:
     ......always want to see England do well 😀
    Same here ... but .... oh ‘eck ☹️ 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

chicky said:
    Same here ... but .... oh ‘eck ☹️ 😨😨😨😨😨😨
    @chicky @punkdoc et al, I’m putting the kettle on ... I need a strong coffee ☕️ 
    Who takes milk and/or sugar? 

@chicky @punkdoc et al, I’m putting the kettle on ... I need a strong coffee ☕️ 
    Who takes milk and/or sugar? 
    1/2 a sugar for me please 
    chicky said:
    Same here ... but .... oh ‘eck ☹️ 😨😨😨😨😨😨
    @Dovefromabove if your doing the coffee get the toast and marmalade on 😊😊
This discussion has been closed.